Acura MDX insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Finding more affordable Acura MDX insurance in Philadelphia is difficult for beginners to quoting coverage prices online. People have so many options available that it can easily be a difficult situation to compare prices in Pennsylvania on Acura MDX insurance.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don't want you shop around. Insureds who shop around for better prices are inclined to buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent auto insurance study discovered that people who compared prices once a year saved as much as $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price on Acura MDX insurance is your ultimate target, then having some knowledge of how to compare auto insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes every six months since prices change quite often. Even if you got the best deal on Acura MDX insurance in Philadelphia six months ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the proper way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
To find low cost prices, there are a couple of ways to compare prices from different companies. The recommended way to compare Acura MDX insurance prices consists of shopping online. Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates provides better odds of finding a better price. Some smaller insurers do not give online rate quotes, so you also need to get quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance coverage analysis
The premium table shown next outlines different insurance premium costs for Acura MDX models. Learning how insurance rates are formulated can assist in making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MDX with Tech Package 4WD||$342||$682||$428||$26||$128||$1,606||$134|
|MDX with Tech/Entertainment 4WD||$342||$682||$428||$26||$128||$1,606||$134|
|MDX Advance 4WD||$342||$682||$428||$26||$128||$1,606||$134|
|MDX Advance/Entertainment 4WD||$342||$682||$428||$26||$128||$1,606||$134|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific Philadelphia garaging location which can modify premium rates greatly.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Acura MDX insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Driving violations and accidents
The example below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims can influence Acura MDX insurance premiums for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Pennsylvania
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Philadelphia, insurance is required by state law in Pennsylvania and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your MDX, almost all lenders will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Smart Buyers Know How to Quote Insurance Cheaper
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find cheaper rates. Many factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
The following are most of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Big cities have higher rates - Living in areas with lower population is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident. City drivers tend to have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. The longer drive time means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Know your credit score - Having a good credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit. So if your credit score is lower than you'd like, you could be paying less to insure your Acura MDX by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Better rates with anti-theft devices - Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you - Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and membership fees are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Discounts for multiple policies - Most insurers afford discounts to customers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to ten percent or more. Even with this discount, you still need to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
- Annual mileage and car insurance premiums - Driving more miles in a year the more you will pay for insurance. Many insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. It's a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated MDX may be wasting your money.
Driver age impacts premiums - Teen drivers in Pennsylvania are statistically proven to be more careless when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher. If you've ever had to add a teenage driver onto your insurance can increase premiums substantially. Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Get married and get better premiums - Having a spouse can get you a discount when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Insurance losses for an Acura MDX - Car insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help determine prices. Models that the data shows to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Acura MDX vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
Acura MDX Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura MDX 4dr 2WD 73 80 102 63 56 63 Acura MDX 4dr 4WD 81 85 123 65 60 59BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable rates on Acura MDX insurance in Philadelphia with these auto insurance discounts
Some providers don't list every discount they offer very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Driver Safety - Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Data Collection Discounts - Drivers that enable companies to track vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system like Allstate's Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
- College Student - Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Philadelphia and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Government Employees - Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you will save up to 20% and get you the cheapest Acura MDX insurance in Philadelphia.
- No Claims - Philadelphia drivers who stay claim-free get the best auto insurance rates compared to drivers with a long claim history.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Acura MDX insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- American Family includes discounts for defensive driver, TimeAway discount, air bags, accident-free, Steer into Savings, good student, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for driver training, renewal discount, 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, good driver, multiple policy, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- Travelers has savings for home ownership, continuous insurance, new car, multi-policy, save driver, and student away at school.
- The Hartford offers discounts including vehicle fuel type, air bag, anti-theft, bundle, good student, and defensive driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, five-year accident-free, federal employee, good student, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, and good student.
When getting free Philadelphia car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in Philadelphia. To see a list of insurers who offer discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Philadelphia car insurance agent
Some consumers just want to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Philadelphia who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best company is decision based upon more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
Different types of Philadelphia auto insurance agents
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, there are two different agency structures to choose from. Philadelphia agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Philadelphia that can give you price quotes.
- Vince Ovecka - State Farm Insurance Agent
456 E Girard Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19125 - (215) 739-0800 - View Map
- Craig Alleyne - State Farm Insurance Agent
6335 Wayne Avenue - Philadelphia, PA 19144 - (215) 438-8440 - View Map
- Mike Hickey - State Farm Insurance Agent
86 Bethlehem Pike - Philadelphia, PA 19118 - (215) 753-1501 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies through many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below are independent agencies in Philadelphia that are able to give price quote information.
- Goebel Insurance Agency, Inc.
2026 S 12th St - Philadelphia, PA 19148 - (215) 465-9311 - View Map
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
231 St Asaphs Rd #100 - Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 - (610) 617-7900 - View Map
- Martin Insurance
5700 Delancey St - Philadelphia, PA 19143 - (215) 471-6860 - View Map
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that meets your needs to adequately provide car insurance.
Shop smart and save
When you buy Philadelphia car insurance online, make sure you don't reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We've covered a lot of ways to shop for Acura MDX insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Acura MDX rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or poor customer service. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching companies can be less work than you think.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Malibu in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)