How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for lower-priced Acura TSX insurance in Philadelphia? Shopping for budget Philadelphia Acura TSX insurance quotes on the web might appear somewhat difficult for vehicle owners that are not comfortable with quoting and shopping for insurance over the internet. With a ridiculous number of insurance companies available, how can vehicle owners possibly compare the different rates to find the lowest price?
It's an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest rate are inclined to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A study showed that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance in Philadelphia is your intention, understanding how to choose a company and compare auto insurance can save time and make the process easier.
It's a great practice to compare prices once or twice a year because insurance prices change frequently. Even if you got the lowest rates on Acura TSX insurance in Philadelphia a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of wrong information about TSX insurance on the web, but in this article, you're going to get some of the best techniques to buy car insurance cheaper in Philadelphia.
Locating the best rates in Philadelphia is actually quite simple. If you have coverage now, you will surely be able to save money using the ideas you're about to read. Nevertheless, Pennsylvania car owners can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies calculate their prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
The easiest way to get policy rate comparisons for Acura TSX insurance in Philadelphia is to know the trick most of the bigger providers actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. To get started, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including driver details, if a SR-22 is needed, your education level, and whether you are married. Your rating data gets sent immediately to multiple auto insurance providers and you should receive rate quotes quickly.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rates and statistics
The table displayed below showcases different insurance rates for Acura TSX models. Having a better understanding of how insurance policy premiums are established helps drivers make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TSX Technology Package||$246||$494||$294||$18||$88||$1,140||$95|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can change prices significantly.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The information below compares Acura TSX premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no definitive formula to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Acura TSX settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Philadelphia car insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise every discount they offer in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Philadelphia auto insurance online. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Renewal Discounts - Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current TSX insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Use Seat Belts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you may receive a slight reduction on a Philadelphia auto insurance quote.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don't have any claims before the accident.
- Good Students Pay Less - Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don't profit that way. Any amount of discount should definitely cut your overall premium however.
The chart below compares Acura TSX yearly insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. Data assumes a male driver, no violations or claims, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, seat belt use, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, hybrid/electric vehicle, continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, new car, and payment discounts.
- Nationwide may include discounts for family plan, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, business or organization, anti-theft, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for multi-car, distant student, switch companies, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance offers discounts including online quote, Pac-12 alumni, renters, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver's education.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for age of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, professional/association, accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, and good student.
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not be available in your area. To locate companies who offer free Acura TSX insurance quotes in Philadelphia, follow this link.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Even though Philadelphia TSX insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance preserves not only your Acura but also your financial assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When selecting coverage online or from an agent, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions could help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Will my Acura TSX be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Acura TSX?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Exclusive and independent auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents that provide free Philadelphia auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best company requires more thought than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- How long have they been in business?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Insurance policy providers can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
These agents work for only one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Philadelphia willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Wanda Dancy - State Farm Insurance Agent
2805 N 47th St, FL-1 - Philadelphia, PA 19131 - (215) 871-3390 - View Map
- Dave Penning - State Farm Insurance Agent
2962 Robbins Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19149 - (215) 537-8050 - View Map
- Joe Ems - State Farm Insurance Agent
7348 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19136 - (215) 333-5100 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most also write with less well-known companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below are Philadelphia independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Martin Insurance
5700 Delancey St - Philadelphia, PA 19143 - (215) 471-6860 - View Map
- Savage Insurance Agency LLC
300 W Cheltenham Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19126 - (215) 224-4890 - View Map
- The Miles Insurance Agency Inc
7100 Cresheim Rd - Philadelphia, PA 19119 - (215) 753-7770 - View Map