Want to learn how to buy more affordable Audi S8 insurance in Philadelphia? Baffled by the number of insurance providers available to you? Many other people are as well. There are so many choices that it is a real hassle to find better premium rates for Audi S8 insurance in Philadelphia. If you live there, you know that Philadelphia is a great city to live in, but high insurance premiums can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to afford good insurance coverage.
It's a fact that auto insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop rates annually will presumably switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey found that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved as much as $850 each year compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the best price on Audi S8 insurance in Philadelphia is your intention, then learning a little about how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can make the process more efficient.
You need to check insurance prices periodically because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Audi S8 insurance in Philadelphia a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're going to learn one of the easiest ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Lower your car insurance rates with these seven discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car model can get you a discount because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow driving data collection to look at their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Being a homeowner can get you a discount because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few insurance companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current S8 insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
Large car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, daytime running lights, anti-theft, driver training, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for good student, professional/association, good driver, age of vehicle, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for good student, alternative fuel, switch companies, multi-car, and early shopping.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, multiple vehicles, paperless, company car, safe driver, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, safety features, new move discount, and new graduate.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, safe driver, homeowner, drive less, and accident prevention training.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
- USAA may include discounts for military installation, good student, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, defensive driver, and annual mileage.
When quoting, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply in Philadelphia. If you would like to view companies with the best Audi S8 insurance discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate than you're paying now.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Pennsylvania?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Independent and exclusive insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is definitely important in Philadelphia.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. There is no reason to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When finding a local Philadelphia insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Philadelphia may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to do anything. When searching for an agent, it's recommended you get rate quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Philadelphia that can possibly get you rate quotes.
- Nigro Insurance Agency
35 Letitia St - Philadelphia, PA 19106 - (215) 278-9633 - View Map
- McCollum Insurance Agency
4169 Main St - Philadelphia, PA 19127 - (215) 508-9000 - View Map
- Rexach Insurance Agency
2932 N 5th St - Philadelphia, PA 19133 - (215) 229-6320 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are well schooled on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Philadelphia that can give you price quote information.
- Michael DeCarlo - State Farm Insurance Agent
326 S 19th St Ste 2 - Philadelphia, PA 19103 - (215) 772-0100 - View Map
- Dennis Jackson - State Farm Insurance Agent
6200 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19135 - (215) 289-5179 - View Map
- Wanda Dancy - State Farm Insurance Agent
2805 N 47th St, FL-1 - Philadelphia, PA 19131 - (215) 871-3390 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Pennsylvania?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Philadelphia?
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi S8 in Philadelphia, insurance is required in Pennsylvania but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your S8, almost every bank will require that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Audi at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your S8 caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, crashing into a building and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your S8 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability auto insurance
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to other's property or people by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 15/30/5 which means a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims like medical expenses, repair bills for other people's vehicles and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Pennsylvania requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it's recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to cover claims.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since many Pennsylvania drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like chiropractic care, funeral costs and prosthetic devices. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Cheap rates are available
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent or policy cancellation. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies is actually quite simple.
While you're price shopping online, don't be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We covered many tips how you can save on Audi S8 insurance in Philadelphia. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small local company.
More detailed car insurance information is available at these sites:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)