Want to learn how to buy the cheapest auto insurance rates in Philadelphia, PA? Philadelphia consumers have many options when looking for the best price on Honda Odyssey insurance. You can either waste hours driving around to compare prices or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Honda and obtain the cheapest rates.
It's important to get comparison quotes occasionally since insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best rates on Honda Odyssey insurance in Philadelphia last year you may be paying too much now. There are lots of tips to save on Odyssey insurance online but I'm going to show you the easiest ways to put money back in your pocket.
Where can I get cheap Philadelphia Honda Odyssey insurance?
Finding a lower price on insurance is actually quite simple. All that's required is to invest a little time to compare rates online from several insurance companies.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda Odyssey in Philadelphia, paying for insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Honda Odyssey, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance protects your Honda Odyssey and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $750 every year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Rates and other information
The premium information shown next highlights a range of insurance policy prices for Honda Odyssey models. Being able to understand how insurance policy rates are determined can be of help when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$240||$502||$336||$20||$100||$1,198||$100|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$274||$590||$336||$20||$100||$1,320||$110|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$274||$590||$336||$20||$100||$1,320||$110|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in your specific Philadelphia location which can alter premiums greatly.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper auto insurance rates
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims can raise Honda Odyssey insurance prices for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Honda Odyssey annual premiums for males versus females
The diagram below compares Honda Odyssey premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Liability only or full coverage
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Honda Odyssey auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The information is based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula for excluding physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Honda Odyssey book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it's costing in excess of $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Telematics Discount - People who choose to allow data collection to monitor driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Accident Waiver - Not a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings up to 30%.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a new Odyssey can get you a discount since newer vehicles are generally safer.
Keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
The chart below shows the comparison of Honda Odyssey insurance prices with and without discounts applied. The data is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, military active duty, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- USAA may include discounts for annual mileage, military installation, loyalty savings, safe driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, early bird, good student, and air bags.
- Esurance may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, Switch & Save, homeowner, good driver, anti-theft, claim free, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for electronic funds transfer, distant student, alternative fuel, youthful driver, and business and professional.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, and anti-theft.
When getting free Philadelphia auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in Philadelphia.
Compare rates but buy from a local Philadelphia insurance agent
A lot of people just want to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Insurance agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Philadelphia.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Philadelphia that can provide free Philadelphia auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agencies can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it's worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to contact several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent agents in Philadelphia that may be able to provide free auto insurance quotes.
- Juniata Ins Agency
1206 E Hunting Park Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19124 - (215) 533-9701 - View Map
- Wade Insurance Agency
143 E Roosevelt Blvd - Philadelphia, PA 19120 - (215) 457-4995 - View Map
- Martin Insurance
5700 Delancey St - Philadelphia, PA 19143 - (215) 471-6860 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Philadelphia willing to provide rate quotes.
- Erica Bantom Martin - State Farm Insurance Agent
1124 S Broad St - Philadelphia, PA 19146 - (215) 875-8100 - View Map
- State Farm - Adam Hutcheon
1436 Fairmount Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19130 - (215) 765-2686 - View Map
- Dennis Jackson - State Farm Insurance Agent
6200 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19135 - (215) 289-5179 - View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- When do they do a full risk review?
After talking to the agent and getting satisfactory answers to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurance agent that is reputable and can properly service your auto insurance policy.
Cheaper insurance rates are available
Discount Honda Odyssey insurance in Philadelphia is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Philadelphia agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who don't offer online price quotes and these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
We covered many ideas to find affordable Honda Odyssey insurance in Philadelphia. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Philadelphia auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims, poor customer service and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
More information is available at these links:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)