Would you like to save money by finding more affordable Audi TTS insurance in Philadelphia? Sick and tired of paying out the nose to insure your Audi every month? You have the same problem as millions of other consumers.
We don't have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who do rate comparisons are likely to move their business because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent car insurance study revealed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared other company's rates.
If finding the best price on insurance is your target objective, then having some knowledge of how to find and compare coverage rates can make shopping around easier.
There is such a variety of insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to locate the cheapest rates for Audi TTS insurance in Philadelphia.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
Many different elements are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that are used to determine your insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in better insurance rates.
- Annual mileage and car insurance premiums - The more you drive your Audi each year the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. An improperly rated TTS can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your insurance policy is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Save by driving safer cars - Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Audi scored better than an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money - Some insurance companies apply a discount to policyholders who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Teen driver insurance rates - Beginning drivers in Pennsylvania are statistically shown to be more careless when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher. Having to add a inexperienced driver onto a policy can be quite pricey. More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Why do you need liability protection? - The liability section of your policy provides coverage if you are responsible for an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
Audi TTS insurance loss statistics - Insurers use data from past claims to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure.
The table below demonstrates the loss history for Audi TTS vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Audi TTS Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi TTS 2dr 4WD 141BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
To get affordable Audi TTS insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from many insurance companies in Pennsylvania. The quickest method to lower the rate you pay for insurance involves getting comparison quotes online.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it a waste of time to make phone calls or go to insurance agencies in your area. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you're the type of person who wants the extra assistance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to comparison shop your insurance online and still use a local agent.
It's important to know that comparing all the rates in your area increases your odds of finding better pricing.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Pennsylvania. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure an Audi in Philadelphia, car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's most likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Audi as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so it's very important to do a rate comparison every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Own a Home and Save - Simply owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
- Federal Government Employee - Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few car insurance companies.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Having multiple vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Driving Data Discount - Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to analyze vehicle usage remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Smart Student Discounts - Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Distant Student - Children who are attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Accident Waiver - Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn't work that way.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, passive restraint, driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, military active duty, seat belt use, defensive driver, multi-policy, and five-year accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, new graduate, good student, and hybrid vehicle.
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, air bag, bundle, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and good student.
- MetLife discounts include accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, good student
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
Double check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply in Philadelphia. To locate insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Philadelphia, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Philadelphia insurance agency
Many people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Philadelphia who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
If you are searching for a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Philadelphia can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Philadelphia who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get some free quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Philadelphia who can help you get price quotes.
Don't give up on cheap rates
As you quote Philadelphia auto insurance, it's a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut full coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Cheaper Audi TTS insurance in Philadelphia is definitely available both online in addition to many Philadelphia insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)