Would you prefer to buy low-cost Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Philadelphia? If you've never shopped for Philadelphia auto insurance quotes online, there's a good chance you are overwhelmed thanks to all the different types of online car insurance companies and websites offering insurance in Philadelphia.
It's a known fact that insurance companies don't want policyholders to shop around. People who do rate comparisons are likely to switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved about $72 a month compared to policyholders who never compared other company's rates.
If saving money on car insurance is your intention, then having a grasp of the best way to shop and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
It's a good habit to compare premium rates occasionally because prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the best price on Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Philadelphia two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're about to learn one of the best ways to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
The quickest method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Philadelphia is to know the fact auto insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details such as how much education you have, how your vehicles are used, if you are currently licensed, and any included safety features. That information gets sent immediately to multiple companies and they return cost estimate very quickly.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Philadelphia.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Pennsylvania and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Ford for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your Ford and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Pennsylvania is wasting up to $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Rate information and statistics
The coverage information displayed below showcases a range of policy rates for Ford Explorer Sport Trac models. Being able to understand how auto insurance premiums are formulated can be useful when making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 2WD||$212||$412||$372||$22||$112||$1,130||$94|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 2WD||$244||$412||$372||$22||$112||$1,162||$97|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD||$244||$412||$372||$22||$112||$1,162||$97|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4WD||$274||$502||$372||$22||$112||$1,282||$107|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited AWD||$274||$502||$372||$22||$112||$1,282||$107|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in zip code location which can lower or raise prices substantially.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can change Ford Explorer Sport Trac premium costs for different age categories. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The illustration below compares Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Ford Explorer Sport Trac full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to delete physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Ford Explorer Sport Trac claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing you more than $700 annually for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Discounts can help lower rates on Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Philadelphia
Some insurers do not advertise every discount they offer very well, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Professional Memberships - Joining a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your bill.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car model can get you a discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- American Family offers premium reductions for TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, good driver, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, and good student.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for defensive driving, anti-theft, easy pay, multi-policy, business or organization, and good student.
- MetLife has discounts for good student, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include homeowners, good student, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and theft prevention.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include good student, alternative fuel, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, youthful driver, and mature driver.
- Allstate offers discounts including premier discount, economy car, multi-policy, new car, teenSMART discount, and eSmart discount.
Check with all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in every state. To see a list of providers with the best Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance discounts in Philadelphia, click here to view.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Philadelphia car insurance agent
Certain consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Philadelphia.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Philadelphia who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, just visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Philadelphia for you
If you want local Philadelphia agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they work. Auto insurance agents in Philadelphia may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When shopping rates, you will want to check rates from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Philadelphia that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Ferullo Insurance Agencies LLC
1636 S Front St - Philadelphia, PA 19148 - (215) 468-4116 - View Map
- Crossing Insurance Group
4252 Richmond St - Philadelphia, PA 19137 - (215) 321-4990 - View Map
- Wade Insurance Agency
143 E Roosevelt Blvd - Philadelphia, PA 19120 - (215) 457-4995 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company's rates such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Philadelphia willing to provide price quote information.
- Ahida Garcia - State Farm Insurance Agent
716 Adams Ave Ste 8 - Philadelphia, PA 19124 - (215) 533-5550 - View Map
- Jack Stabler - State Farm Insurance Agent
6726 Torresdale Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19135 - (215) 331-4300 - View Map
- Craig Alleyne - State Farm Insurance Agent
6335 Wayne Avenue - Philadelphia, PA 19144 - (215) 438-8440 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Any agent in Philadelphia should have no problem answering these questions:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Pennsylvania?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Insurance coverage considerations
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability coverages - This will cover damage that occurs to other's property or people in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 15/30/5 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims such as loss of income, repair bills for other people's vehicles and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Pennsylvania requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Collision coverage - This pays for damage to your Explorer Sport Trac resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It's also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Explorer Sport Trac to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage - This coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since many Pennsylvania drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Pennsylvania limits are 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision - Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a deer, fire damage, theft, damage from flooding and falling objects. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical costs insurance - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills like X-ray expenses, dental work and chiropractic care. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Be persistent to save money
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal or questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
In this article, we covered many ways to get a better price on Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Philadelphia. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)