Are you confused by the sheer number of car insurance providers in Philadelphia? Many other people are as well. There are such a vast assortment of providers available that it can be a big hassle to find the lowest price for Nissan Sentra insurance in Philadelphia. Philadelphia is a good city to live in, but having to pay for pricey car insurance can make it hard for many drivers to afford enough coverage.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest rate are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding good coverage at a lower price. Remarkably, a study showed that people who compared rates annually saved an average of $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly Nissan Sentra insurance in Philadelphia is your objective, then having some knowledge of how to find and compare insurance rates can make the process more efficient.
All major car insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive give insurance quotes from their websites. Comparing Nissan Sentra insurance rates online is pretty easy as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. After the form is submitted, their rating system requests information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's absolutely necessary to perform this step if you want to get the most affordable premium possible.
If you want to compare pricing, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Pennsylvania. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Companies don't necessarily list all discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Driver Education Discount - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver's education class if offered at their school.
- Smart Student Discounts - This discount may save as much as 25% on a Philadelphia car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Government Employee Discount - Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few larger companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current Sentra insurance policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy Philadelphia car insurance online.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Accident Free - Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Philadelphia car insurance quote when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Philadelphia car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
The chart below compares Nissan Sentra yearly insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, good student, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including ease of repair, good driver, multi-car, multi-policy, good student, and accident-free.
- Nationwide may include discounts for Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, good student, family plan, and business or organization.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, membership and employees, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and multi-policy.
- AAA includes discounts for good driver, good student, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, anti-theft, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some credits might not apply in Philadelphia. To view auto insurance companies with significant discounts in Philadelphia, click here.
Insurance rate breakdown
The premium information shown next covers detailed analysis of coverage prices for Nissan Sentra models. Learning more about how insurance prices are established is important for making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$172||$430||$316||$18||$94||$1,030||$86|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$172||$430||$316||$18||$94||$1,030||$86|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$198||$430||$316||$18||$94||$1,056||$88|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$198||$494||$316||$18||$94||$1,120||$93|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower rates greatly.
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can change Nissan Sentra insurance premiums for each age group. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The example below shows the difference between Nissan Sentra insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The example below shows the comparison of Nissan Sentra insurance prices with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact formula to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Nissan Sentra replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $600 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Buy Nissan Sentra Insurance More Affordably
Lots of things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
Driving citations are costly - Even a single driving citation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who don't get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. People who have dangerous violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
The chart below shows how traffic citations and accidents impact Nissan Sentra auto insurance rates for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- How credit score affects auto insurance premiums - Credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Nissan Sentra by taking the time to improve your credit score. People with very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
- Insurance rates for married couples - Getting married can get you a discount on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Employer stress can make you pay more - Occupational choices like fire fighters, business owners, and miners have the highest rates attributed to intense work situations and long work days. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, engineers and performers get better rates.
With age comes responsibility - More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets. Inexperience drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Nissan Sentra claim statistics - Auto insurance companies analyze historical claim data when setting premium costs. Models that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The table below demonstrates the loss history for Nissan Sentra vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Sentra Vehicles Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Sentra 120 107 81 158 179 141BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is available from agents near you
Many people still like to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Philadelphia.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Philadelphia that can provide free Philadelphia car insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Independent or Exclusive: It's your choice
When finding a good Philadelphia insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Philadelphia who can help you get pricing information.
- Wade Insurance Agency
143 E Roosevelt Blvd - Philadelphia, PA 19120 - (215) 457-4995 - View Map
- Burg Insurance
2707 Kirkbride St - Philadelphia, PA 19137 - (215) 744-4100 - View Map
- Gallo Insurance Agency
617 S 18th St - Philadelphia, PA 19146 - (215) 545-9500 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer which can be an advantage. Some insured continue to use the same agent partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are Philadelphia exclusive agents that can give you price quotes.
- Joe Ems - State Farm Insurance Agent
7348 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19136 - (215) 333-5100 - View Map
- Sharon Owens - State Farm Insurance Agent
7034 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19135 - (215) 333-5544 - View Map
- Trish Floyd - State Farm Insurance Agent
7706 Castor Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19152 - (215) 725-3000 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any agent in Philadelphia should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Pennsylvania?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
Auto insurance can be complex
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Pennsylvania?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Cheap Nissan Sentra insurance in Philadelphia can be sourced online and with local Philadelphia insurance agents, so get free Philadelphia car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 4x4 Vehicles in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)