Do you get exhausted from being strong-armed to pay auto insurance each month? You have the same problem as most other people in Pennsylvania.
Sad but true, a large majority of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Many drivers in the U.S. could save an average of up to $850 each year just by shopping around, but they don't know how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Because you have many options for buying lower-cost insurance for a Buick Lucerne in Philadelphia, it's difficult to choose a more affordable insurer.
Our goal is to familiarize you with the most effective way to quote insurance and also save some money in the process If you have auto insurance now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using the techniques presented in this article. Smart shoppers only need to know the proper way to compare company rates over the internet.
Finding Buick Lucerne insurance in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
All major auto insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive give pricing direct online. The process doesn't take much effort as you just type in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the system collects credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote based on these factors. This helps simplify price comparisons, and it is important to do this if you want to get the lowest possible payments on auto insurance.
To compare pricing, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you will have a rate comparison for similar coverage.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Data for Buick Lucerne insurance
The rate table shown below covers different insurance rates for Buick Lucerne models. Having a good understanding how premiums are calculated can be of help when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$152||$358||$372||$22||$112||$1,016||$85|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can alter coverage rates considerably.
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Buick Lucerne insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Buick Lucerne in Philadelphia, buying auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Buick Lucerne, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects your Buick Lucerne and your assets. It will also cover medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America overpays more than $869 every year so you should quote rates at every renewal to save money.
How Insurance Providers Calculate Buick Lucerne Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
With age comes responsibility - Teen drivers in Pennsylvania have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. If you've ever had to add a youthful driver onto your auto insurance can be quite pricey. Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
The data below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Accidents inflate costs - How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Getting just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers who don't get tickets get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant tickets like DUI or reckless driving may be required to prove financial responsibility with their state's licensing department in order to keep their license.
The chart below shows how traffic citations and accident claims can influence Buick Lucerne car insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - Policies have add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don't pay attention. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
Gender and car insurance premiums - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn't necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women get in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young men ages 16 to 20 have the highest risk to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Buick Lucerne auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
- Increase comp and collision deductibles to save - Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims would be rear-ending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- The higher your credit rating the lower your costs - Having a good credit rating is a large factor in determining your rates. So if your credit rating is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Buick Lucerne if you improve your credit rating. People with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have bad credit.
Affordable rates with discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but some must be asked for before they will apply.
- Payment Method - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Multi-line Discount - Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- College Student Discount - Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying a policy with several vehicles on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Club Memberships - Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles could earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver's education course if offered at their school.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some larger companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current Lucerne insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The chart below shows the difference between Buick Lucerne insurance prices with and without discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Local Philadelphia auto insurance agents and insurance
Some people would rather talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you may find cheaper car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Philadelphia.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Philadelphia that can provide free Philadelphia auto insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
When researching a local Philadelphia insurance agent, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Philadelphia agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can do a good job, but it's important to point out the differences since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can write business through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Philadelphia that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Ferullo Insurance Agencies LLC
1636 S Front St - Philadelphia, PA 19148 - (215) 468-4116 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Philadelphia that can give you price quotes.
Finding a good insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- If they are an independent agency in Philadelphia, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Philadelphia?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How long has the business existed?
Once you have received good answers to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide insurance.
Be persistent to save money
You just read many ideas to shop for Buick Lucerne insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Cost effective Buick Lucerne insurance is possible online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide rates over the internet and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out they didn't purchase enough coverage. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
More learning opportunities
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)