Do you want to learn how to find low-cost Kia Soul EV insurance in Philadelphia? Are you regretting buying an under-performing, overpriced car insurance policy? Say no more because there are many Philadelphia consumers feeling the pinch from expensive car insurance.
Everyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who compare rates at least once a year are very likely to buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved approximately $865 a year compared to drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest rates on Kia Soul EV insurance is your ultimate goal, understanding how to find companies and compare insurance coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Numerous insurers battle for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to find the best price available on Kia Soul EV insurance in Philadelphia.
What Impacts Kia Soul EV Insurance Rates?
Multiple criteria are used when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that go into determining your premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you better car insurance rates.
The following are some of the major factors used by companies to determine rates.
- Save money with higher deductibles - The deductibles you choose tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Your age impacts your prices - Teen drivers in Pennsylvania are known to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
- Multiple policies with one company can save - Some insurers apply a discount to buyers who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to compare Kia Soul EV rates in Philadelphia to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Driving citations mean higher premiums - Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. People who have severe violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Stress out and pay more - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Occupations such as fire fighters, architects, and stock brokers tend to pay the highest average rates in part from job stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, careers such as farmers, students and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Which Kia Soul EV insurance is cheapest in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania?
To find more affordable quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The easiest way by far to find competitive Kia Soul EV insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
It's so simple to compare insurance rates online makes it obsolete to go to different Philadelphia agent offices. Quoting and buying Kia Soul EV insurance online eliminates this option unless you're the type of person who wants the trained guidance of a local agency. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
When comparison shopping, having more price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating a better price. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so you need to compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Philadelphia, auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Kia Soul EV, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia for a lot more money and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Kia. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $855 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to save money.
You may qualify for discounts for Kia Soul EV insurance in Philadelphia
Car insurance companies don't always advertise all discounts very well, so the below list has both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with one company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Philadelphia auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Claim Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts as compared to bad drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up as long as you don't have any claims before the accident.
- Sign Early and Save - A few larger companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Soul EV insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way. But all discounts will definitely lower your policy premiums.
To find insurers with the best Kia Soul EV insurance discounts in Philadelphia in Philadelphia, follow this link.
Local Philadelphia car insurance agents and insurance
Many people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Philadelphia.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Philadelphia who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to find a good Philadelphia insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Philadelphia agents are categorized either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you should always get quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Philadelphia that may be able to give you rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. These agents receive extensive training on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Philadelphia willing to provide rate quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency requires more thought than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
What insurance coverages do I need?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your car insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions may help highlight if you could use an agent's help.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Does my Kia Soul EV need full coverage?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Don't give up on cheap rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to find affordable Kia Soul EV insurance in Philadelphia. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Philadelphia auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a small local company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Some companies may not offer online quoting and usually these smaller providers sell through independent agents. Lower-priced Kia Soul EV insurance in Philadelphia can be purchased both online in addition to many Philadelphia insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional information is located below:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)