Chevy Equinox insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Trying to find cheaper Chevy Equinox insurance in Philadelphia could be challenging for beginners to comparing rates online. With so many companies in the marketplace, it can turn into more work than you anticipated to locate the lowest prices.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that a large majority of auto insurance policyholders in Pennsylvania kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. American consumers could pocket about $859 a year, but they don't know the rate savings if they switched to a cheaper policy.
To find the cheapest Chevrolet Equinox rate quotes, there are several ways to compare prices from companies that offer car insurance in Pennsylvania. The recommended way to comparison shop is simply to get online rate quotes. When comparison shopping, making a lot of price comparisons increases the chance that you will find lower pricing. Not every company allows you to get online rate quotes, so it's recommended that you also compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three reasons to insure your Chevy Equinox
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Philadelphia, insurance is required in Pennsylvania but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy Equinox. It will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Philadelphia overpays as much as $750 every year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Chevy Equinox insurance rates and statistics
The information shown next highlights a range of insurance costs for Chevy Equinox models. Being more informed about how policy rates are calculated is important for drivers to make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equinox LS 2WD||$218||$420||$346||$20||$104||$1,108||$92|
|Equinox LT 2WD||$218||$420||$346||$20||$104||$1,108||$92|
|Equinox LS AWD||$218||$420||$346||$20||$104||$1,108||$92|
|Equinox LT AWD||$218||$420||$346||$20||$104||$1,108||$92|
|Equinox LTZ 2WD||$246||$494||$346||$20||$104||$1,210||$101|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$246||$494||$346||$20||$104||$1,210||$101|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$246||$494||$346||$20||$104||$1,210||$101|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can revise premiums noticeably.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below compares Chevy Equinox insurance prices with and without full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Chevy Equinox replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing you more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Save money with these discounts on Chevy Equinox insurance in Philadelphia
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount available very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Resident Student - Kids who live away from home at college and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Early Switch Discount - A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to your current Equinox insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Safe Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Teen drivers should participate in a local driver's education class in school.
- E-sign Discounts - Certain companies will give a small break for signing up on their website.
- Professional Memberships - Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your bill.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the amount you pay for coverage.
The chart below shows the difference between Chevy Equinox insurance prices with and without some available policy discounts. The data assumes a female driver, no claims or violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
To find insurers who offer discounts in Pennsylvania, click here.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Philadelphia car insurance agent
Some people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper car insurance rates and still have a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Philadelphia.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Philadelphia are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, we recommend you include independent agents to get the best comparison. Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Philadelphia that may be able to provide price quotes.
- The Miles Insurance Agency Inc
7100 Cresheim Rd - Philadelphia, PA 19119 - (215) 753-7770 - View Map
- Burg Insurance
2707 Kirkbride St - Philadelphia, PA 19137 - (215) 744-4100 - View Map
- National Insurance Agency
2414 Rhawn St - Philadelphia, PA 19152 - (215) 332-1100 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Philadelphia who can help you get price quotes.
- Craig Alleyne - State Farm Insurance Agent
6335 Wayne Avenue - Philadelphia, PA 19144 - (215) 438-8440 - View Map
- Dave Penning - State Farm Insurance Agent
2962 Robbins Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19149 - (215) 537-8050 - View Map
- Mike Hickey - State Farm Insurance Agent
86 Bethlehem Pike - Philadelphia, PA 19118 - (215) 753-1501 - View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Philadelphia, get answers to these questions.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
If you receive good answers to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that meets your needs to properly service your insurance policy.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When quoting and choosing coverage, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and your auto insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Chevy Equinox?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Cheaper insurance premiums are possible
We just presented many ways to compare Chevy Equinox insurance rates in Philadelphia. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Philadelphia car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Lower-priced insurance in Philadelphia can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Philadelphia, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer internet price quotes and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Other learning opportunities
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Car Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)