Would you like to stop overpaying and find more competitive auto insurance rates in Philadelphia, PA? Philadelphia drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the best price on Chevy Silverado insurance. You can either waste hours calling around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to buy auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to compare rates for your Chevy and locate the cheapest rates from Philadelphia insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers need to price shop coverage once or twice a year because prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the best deal on Chevy Silverado insurance in Philadelphia a year ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we're going to show you the best way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Cutting your Philadelphia insurance rates is not rocket science. You just need to invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes online with multiple companies.
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Philadelphia, PA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance policy discounts for Chevy Silverado insurance in Philadelphia
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many people don't even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some must be asked for before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don't have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Telematics Devices - People who choose to allow their company to look at driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Having several vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
The diagram below compares Chevy Silverado insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
To choose car insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Pennsylvania, click here.
Insurance statistics for a Chevy Silverado
The coverage information shown next outlines estimates of insurance policy prices for Chevy Silverado models. Having a better idea how auto insurance prices are established is important for drivers to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$118||$218||$390||$24||$116||$866||$72|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$118||$218||$346||$20||$104||$806||$67|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$136||$264||$390||$24||$116||$930||$78|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$136||$264||$390||$24||$116||$930||$78|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$136||$264||$346||$20||$104||$870||$73|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$136||$264||$346||$20||$104||$870||$73|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$136||$264||$390||$24||$116||$930||$78|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$136||$264||$390||$24||$116||$930||$78|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$152||$312||$346||$20||$104||$934||$78|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$152||$312||$390||$24||$116||$994||$83|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$152||$312||$346||$20||$104||$934||$78|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$152||$312||$390||$24||$116||$994||$83|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$152||$312||$390||$24||$116||$994||$83|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$152||$312||$346||$20||$104||$934||$78|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$152||$312||$390||$24||$116||$994||$83|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$152||$312||$346||$20||$104||$934||$78|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$152||$358||$346||$20||$104||$980||$82|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$170||$358||$346||$20||$104||$998||$83|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in Philadelphia location which can alter coverage rates substantially.
Chevrolet Silverado liability rates compared to full coverage
The example below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The costs are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no set rule to delete physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Chevy Silverado replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 a year for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
What if I want to buy from local Philadelphia insurance agents?
A lot of people would rather talk to a local agent. Professional agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Philadelphia.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
When finding a local agent, there are two different types of agents to choose from. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can handle car insurance, but it's good to learn the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, it's a good idea to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Philadelphia that may be able to give you price quote information.
- Nigro Insurance Agency
35 Letitia St - Philadelphia, PA 19106 - (215) 278-9633 - View Map
- Larry Lewis Insurance Agency, LLC
4548 Market St #208 - Philadelphia, PA 19139 - (215) 243-4110 - View Map
- First Rate Insurance
7790 Rockwell Ave Suite 1 - Philadelphia, PA 19111 - (215) 725-6700 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. They are usually well trained on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Philadelphia that can give you price quotes.
- Steven Breinlinger - State Farm Insurance Agent
7904 Germantown Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19118 - (267) 323-2923 - View Map
- Jeff Gottesman - State Farm Insurance Agent
9551 Bustleton Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19115 - (215) 725-1000 - View Map
- Craig Alleyne - State Farm Insurance Agent
6335 Wayne Avenue - Philadelphia, PA 19144 - (215) 438-8440 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Philadelphia should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How are they compensated?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Philadelphia?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When quoting and comparing a policy for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out if you may require specific advice.
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Pennsylvania?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What does medical payments cover?
- What policy terms are available?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
Eight Things That Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Many things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining your premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
- Consolidate and save - Lots of car insurance companies provide discounts to people that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to compare Chevy Silverado rates in Philadelphia to ensure the best deal.
- A car insurance lapse can increase car insurance rates - Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse can be a guaranteed way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in fines or a revoked license.
Women tend to cost less - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don't assume that females are better at driving than males. They both cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
The information below illustrates the difference between Chevy Silverado car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Save by driving less - The more you drive each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Verify your car insurance policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Silverado is throwing money out the window.
- Insurance rates in urban areas - Residing in a small town is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. City drivers tend to have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Mature drivers pay less - Inexperience drivers have been known to get distracted easily in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Having to add a teen driver onto a policy can be quite pricey. Older people are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce car insurance rates - Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Chevy is rated at a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
Insurance loss data for a Chevy Silverado - Insurance companies factor in historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure.
The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Chevy Silverado vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Chevrolet Silverado Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD 76 118 85 78 69 125 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD 60 76 72 54 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 89 103 131 77 70 94 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 96 105 116 57 57 87 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 90 126 100 88 85 117 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 84 98 89 60 60 88 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD 60 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD 66 97 66 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 76 127 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 88 114 97 45 42 82 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD 80 54 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 79 105 83 37 43 75 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD 65 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 98 127 108 54 39 76 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD 129 127BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chevy, most banks will require that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $750 every year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Persistence will pay off
Budget-friendly insurance in Philadelphia is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don't offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver and even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
When searching for affordable Chevrolet Silverado insurance quotes, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Business Use in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)