Overpriced Dodge Nitro insurance in Philadelphia can draw down your funds and force you to tighten up your finances.
It's well known that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around for cheaper prices are very likely to switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding better rates. A study discovered that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved on average $72 a month compared to other drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest rates on Dodge Nitro insurance in Philadelphia is your target objective, then having an understanding of how to quote prices and compare coverage rates can make it easier for you to save money.
You have so many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it's nice to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to find a good deal for Dodge Nitro insurance in Philadelphia.
It is always a good idea to quote other rates as often as possible because rates go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Dodge Nitro insurance in Philadelphia a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. There are a lot of ways to save on Nitro insurance out there, but I'm going to show you a lot of great tips on how to stop overpaying for insurance in Philadelphia.
How to lower your Dodge Nitro insurance cost in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
When shopping for affordable Philadelphia car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from car insurance companies in your area. By far the easiest way to find the lowest Dodge Nitro rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Comparison shopping price quotes online is easy and it takes the place of having to go to different Philadelphia agent offices. Quoting Dodge Nitro insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you want the professional guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. Drivers can obtain prices from the web and have a local agent actually service the policy. It's important to know that quoting more increases your odds of finding more affordable rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so you need to compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance data for a Dodge Nitro
The data table shown below highlights different insurance prices for Dodge Nitro models. Having knowledge of how prices are calculated can help drivers make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$202||$324||$384||$22||$114||$1,046||$87|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$202||$324||$384||$22||$114||$1,046||$87|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$232||$324||$384||$22||$114||$1,076||$90|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$232||$324||$384||$22||$114||$1,076||$90|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$232||$324||$384||$22||$114||$1,076||$90|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$232||$394||$384||$22||$114||$1,146||$96|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$232||$394||$384||$22||$114||$1,146||$96|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$232||$394||$384||$22||$114||$1,146||$96|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$232||$394||$384||$22||$114||$1,146||$96|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$262||$394||$384||$22||$114||$1,176||$98|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can impact insurance rates substantially.
Yearly car insurance costs for men versus women
The diagram below shows the difference between Dodge Nitro yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance is required by state law in Pennsylvania and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Nitro, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance preserves not only your Dodge Nitro but also your financial assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Philadelphia is overpaying over $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
How Your Nitro Insurance Premiums are Determined
It's important that you understand some of the things that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in big savings. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Bad drivers pay high costs - Your driving citation history impacts premiums far more than you think. Getting just one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders drive up Dodge Nitro premium costs for each age group. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money - Lots of insurers allow a discount to customers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to compare Dodge Nitro rates in Philadelphia to help guarantee you have the best rates. It's possible to still find a better deal by buying insurance from a different company.
- Your spouse saves you money - Your spouse can get you a discount compared to being single. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Don't skimp on liability insurance - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in when a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
With age comes lower rates - Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers have been known to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Lower-cost Dodge Nitro insurance quotes in Philadelphia
Some insurers don't necessarily list every discount they offer very well, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Sign Online - Some car insurance companies give back up to $50 shop Philadelphia car insurance online.
- Organization Discounts - Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- Responsible Drivers - Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Braking Control Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Employee of Federal Government - Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with some car insurance companies.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Driving Data Discount - Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to scrutinize where and when they drive remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- No Charge for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase so long as you haven't had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Defensive Driving Course - Completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Nitro annual premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies that may include most of these discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with every company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your state. To see a list of car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Pennsylvania?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
Can't I get rate quotes from local Philadelphia car insurance agents?
A lot of people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheaper rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local agencies is important especially in Philadelphia.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Philadelphia who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
What types of car insurance agents are in Philadelphia?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Philadelphia can either be independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you absolutely need to contact independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are Philadelphia independent insurance agencies that may be able to give free car insurance quotes.
Rexach Insurance Agency
2932 N 5th St - Philadelphia, PA 19133 - (215) 229-6320 - View Map
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Philadelphia that are able to give comparison quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How are claims handled?
What is YOUR best insurance company?
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare Dodge Nitro insurance auto insurance rates in Philadelphia. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Philadelphia car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest auto insurance rates come from the least-expected company. They may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
As you quote Philadelphia car insurance, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional car insurance information can be read at these links:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)