How long has it been since the last time you looked for lower-priced Ford Fiesta insurance in Philadelphia? Searching for lower priced Philadelphia Ford Fiesta insurance quotes might seem challenging for people that are not comfortable with quoting and shopping for insurance online. With such a big selection of agents and companies, how are people expected to have a chance to compare them all to find better rates?
It's an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don't want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who compare rates annually are inclined to switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A survey found that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved approximately $865 annually compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best price on auto insurance in Philadelphia is why you're here, then having a grasp of how to compare coverage rates can save time and money.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes at least once a year due to the fact that insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best deal on Ford Fiesta insurance in Philadelphia six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're about to learn how to use online quotes to find better coverage on Ford Fiesta insurance in Philadelphia at a better price.
If you have coverage now, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas you're about to read. Buying the lowest cost auto insurance coverage in Philadelphia is not that difficult. Nevertheless, Pennsylvania vehicle owners can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
Cheaper rates on Ford Fiesta insurance in Philadelphia with these discounts
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- College Student - Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Philadelphia and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Driver's Education for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver's education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Sign Early and Save - Some insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current Fiesta insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Student Discounts - Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - If the company offers life insurance, you could get better rates if you take out some life insurance too.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, you aren't that lucky.
Companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, membership and employees, air bags, daytime running lights, and emergency military deployment.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, good student, accident-free
- State Farm offers discounts including good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for type of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, location of vehicle, good driver, accident-free, good student, and age of vehicle.
- 21st Century may include discounts for driver training, 55 and older, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, and good student.
- Allstate has discounts for new car, utility vehicle, anti-theft, good student, and senior citizen.
If you want affordable Ford Fiesta insurance quotes, ask every company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be offered everywhere. To see companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Philadelphia, follow this link.
How to buy Ford Fiesta insurance in Philadelphia
To find cheaper rates, there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from many auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania. The recommended way to compare insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates. Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting better pricing.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Pennsylvania. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Buying from insurance agents
Many drivers would rather go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Philadelphia that give free quotes for your coverage. You don't have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Philadelphia should know the answers to these questions.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Pennsylvania?
- How many years have they been established?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is there a local claims center in Philadelphia?
Philadelphia auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they function. Agents in Philadelphia can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Philadelphia that can give you price quotes.
- Brian Madalion - State Farm Insurance Agent
7208 Ogontz Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19138 - (215) 549-4900 - View Map
- State Farm - Adam Hutcheon
1436 Fairmount Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19130 - (215) 765-2686 - View Map
- Craig Alleyne - State Farm Insurance Agent
6335 Wayne Avenue - Philadelphia, PA 19144 - (215) 438-8440 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare prices from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Philadelphia who can help you get rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Ferullo Insurance Agencies LLC
1636 S Front St - Philadelphia, PA 19148 - (215) 468-4116 - View Map
- Larry Lewis Insurance Agency, LLC
4548 Market St #208 - Philadelphia, PA 19139 - (215) 243-4110 - View Map
- America Insurance Agency Inc
7214 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19135 - (800) 283-0500 - View Map
Find cheap insurance rates by comparing often
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal or even poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can shop for Ford Fiesta insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Lower-priced insurance in Philadelphia can be purchased both online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don't offer the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
More learning opportunities
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)