Nobody that owns a car looks forward to buying insurance, especially knowing they could find better rates elsewhere.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will, in all likelihood, switch companies because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey revealed that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved over $850 each year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance is your objective, learning the best way to quote and compare coverages can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to discover the definitive lowest rate on Kia Stinger insurance in Philadelphia.
Shop Kia Stinger insurance online
All major insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage price quotes direct online. Getting online quotes for Kia Stinger insurance in Philadelphia is quite easy as you just enter the coverages you want into the form. Upon sending the form, their rating system gets your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information determined by many factors. Quoting online for Kia Stinger insurance in Philadelphia streamlines rate comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get the most affordable premium possible.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you will get comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper rates on Kia Stinger insurance in Philadelphia with these seven discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few must be asked about before being credited.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you combine your home and auto policies with one company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Kia Stinger insurance.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Student Driver Training - Have your child complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Good Student Discount - This discount can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
Don't be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. Any amount of discount should definitely cut your overall premium however.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, passive restraint, multiple policy, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and student away at school.
- Nationwide may include discounts for good student, easy pay, multi-policy, family plan, anti-theft, and defensive driving.
- GEICO has discounts for good student, defensive driver, seat belt use, daytime running lights, federal employee, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-car, education and occupation, and good student.
- 21st Century offers discounts for teen driver, student driver, 55 and older, theft prevention, good student, driver training, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, driver training, good student, air bag, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
If you are trying to find low cost Philadelphia car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in every state.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Philadelphia.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that provide free Philadelphia car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to contact any agents because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Philadelphia car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you want to buy insurance from local Philadelphia agents, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you definitely need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Philadelphia that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Philadelphia willing to provide price quotes.
Jack Stabler - State Farm Insurance Agent
6726 Torresdale Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19135 - (215) 331-4300 - View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How often do they review coverages?
If you get satisfactory answers to these questions and a good coverage price, it's possible that you found an insurance agent that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- What if I total my Kia Stinger and owe more than it's worth?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you'll find typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Collision coverage - This coverage covers damage to your Stinger from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a building, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It's also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Stinger in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability insurance - Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn't cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 15/30/5 which means a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income, legal defense fees, structural damage and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Pennsylvania requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Comprehensive protection - Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft, falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane and rock chips in glass. The most you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage - This coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Kia Stinger.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5 in Pennsylvania), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Usually these limits are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Medical expense coverage - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills for chiropractic care, surgery, nursing services, pain medications and ambulance fees. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
One last thing about your coverage
Discount Kia Stinger insurance in Philadelphia can be found both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don't offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
We've covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Kia Stinger insurance in Philadelphia. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Philadelphia car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Much more information about insurance in Pennsylvania can be read on the following sites:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Business Use in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)