Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for more affordable Dodge Durango insurance in Philadelphia? Are you at wits end from not being able to scrape enough together to insure your Dodge every month? You are no different than many other Pennsylvania consumers.
It's an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. Insureds who get price comparisons are inclined to buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved about $865 a year as compared to drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is the reason for your visit, then having some insight into how to find and compare coverages can make shopping around easier.
Due to the increasing number of companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for a Dodge Durango in Philadelphia, it can be challenging to locate the most cost effective auto insurance company.
Compare Philadelphia Dodge Durango insurance quotes online
To find low cost prices, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from different Philadelphia insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find the lowest rates is to get quotes online.
Comparing free price quotes online is easy and it, takes the place of having to go to insurance agencies in your area. Quoting Dodge Durango insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Drivers can price shop your coverage online and get advice from an agent in your area. Keep in mind that having more price comparisons increases the chance that you will find more affordable rates.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Take advantage of these discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Have your child successfully take a driver's education course as it can save substantially.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Resident Student - Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Philadelphia and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with all your vehicles on the same insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving less could be rewarded with slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current Durango insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a small decrease in premiums.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren't that generous.
Larger insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including youthful driver, 55 and retired, driver training, renewal discount, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may have discounts that include safe vehicle, driver's education, student away at school, multiple policy, accident-free, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Allstate includes discounts for safe driver, anti-theft, eSmart discount, anti-lock brakes, FullPay discount, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide has savings for business or organization, family plan, defensive driving, easy pay, anti-theft, multi-policy, and good student.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, accident-free, good student, good driver, claim-free, defensive driver
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Philadelphia. To see a list of providers with discount rates in Philadelphia, click here.
Insurance is not optional in Pennsylvania
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is required by state law in Pennsylvania and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge Durango has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Dodge at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying coverage, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
A small number of people just want to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain better rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Philadelphia that can give you free Philadelphia car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. It's the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Philadelphia should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Philadelphia?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
If you're trying to find a reliable insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they function. Car insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company's prices like Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well trained on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Philadelphia that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, it's recommended you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following are independent agents in Philadelphia willing to provide comparison quotes.