Want more affordable Ford Fusion insurance in Philadelphia? Sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay high insurance rates every month? You are no different than many other people in Pennsylvania.
It's well known that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who shop for lower rates are likely to buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey found that people who make a habit of shopping around saved on average $865 annually compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance in Philadelphia is your intention, learning how to quote and compare coverage rates can save time, money, and frustration.
Multiple insurers compete for your business, so it's not easy to compare every insurance company and get the definite best price available on Ford Fusion insurance in Philadelphia.
It's a good habit to take a look at other company's rates quite often because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best price on Ford Fusion insurance in Philadelphia a few years ago a different company probably has better rates today. There is a lot of bad information regarding Fusion insurance out there, but I'm going to show you a lot of great tips on how to lower your insurance rates in Philadelphia.
There are several ways of comparing rates from different companies. The best way to compare rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Doing online quotes comparisons is so easy that it takes the place of having to physically go to all the different insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Ford Fusion insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the trained advice only provided by licensed agents. Although, it is possible price shop online but buy the policy through an agent.
When comparison shopping, getting more free quotes helps locate the best price.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
The coverage information below highlights detailed analysis of prices for Ford Fusion models. Being able to understand how insurance policy rates are determined can help guide drivers when making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$338||$336||$20||$100||$994||$83|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$226||$400||$336||$20||$100||$1,082||$90|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$226||$460||$420||$24||$126||$1,256||$105|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$226||$400||$336||$20||$100||$1,082||$90|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$226||$400||$336||$20||$100||$1,082||$90|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$252||$460||$336||$20||$100||$1,168||$97|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$252||$460||$336||$20||$100||$1,168||$97|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in your specific Philadelphia location which can decrease or increase rates significantly.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can change Ford Fusion yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The diagram below shows how violations and accident claims impact Ford Fusion annual premium costs for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Philadelphia, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford Fusion, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Fusion definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Philadelphia
It's important that you understand the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower premium levels. Many things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure like where you live and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are a few of the things used by companies to determine rates.
Experienced drivers pay less - Inexperience drivers are known to be inattentive when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Policy lapses lead to higher auto insurance rates - Allowing your coverage to lapse is a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in fines and jail time. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Pennsylvania department of motor vehicles.
Drivers with responsible credit save on auto insurance - Having a good credit score is a big factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit. Therefore, if your credit history is lower than you'd like, you could save money insuring your Ford Fusion if you clean up your credit.
Drive a safer car and pay less - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you.
Get better rates if married - Getting married can actually save you money when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more financially stable it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Do you have a tough vocation? - Occupational choices like doctors, air traffic controllers, and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates due to high stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, professions such as actors, engineers and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
Rental and towing coverage may not be needed - There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, towing, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but if they're wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
Ford Fusion insurance loss data - Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates.
The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Ford Fusion vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Fusion 2WD||110||95||108||116||111||105|
|Ford Fusion 4WD||115||85||120||88||77||71|
|Ford Fusion Hybrid||125||97||98||92||93||95|
|Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid||128||87||91||88||91||107|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap Ford Fusion insurance rates in Philadelphia
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but a few must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20% or more.
- Seat Belts Save - Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Own a Home and Save - Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down on your Ford may allow you to get better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Sign Online - A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Philadelphia car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won't be that lucky.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Ford Fusion car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that have some of the above discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not apply everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Philadelphia, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local Philadelphia insurance agents?
Many drivers would rather have an agent's advice and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheaper prices and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Philadelphia who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won't need to leave your house because prices are sent instantly to you. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction to all your questions as well as a affordable price, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance company that can be relied on to insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you have the power to cancel coverage for any reason so don't think you are locked into a specific agent for a certain time period.
One last note
More affordable insurance in Philadelphia can be purchased from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to compare Ford Fusion insurance car insurance rates in Philadelphia. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Philadelphia car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 4x4 Vehicles in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)