Do you want to learn to get the cheapest Honda HR-V insurance in Philadelphia? Finding more affordable premium rates on Honda HR-V insurance in Philadelphia can seem to be nearly impossible for people new to online insurance quotes. When there are so many insurers to choose from, it can easily turn into a chore to find the perfect company for you.
Regrettably, the vast majority of car insurance customers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in Pennsylvania could save approximately $690 each year just by comparing rates, but they don't invest the time required to find cheap car insurance rates.
It's important to know that comparing all the rates in your area provides better odds of finding a lower rate. Some smaller insurers do not give rate quotes online, so it's necessary to compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically before being credited.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Philadelphia car insurance quote.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a slight reduction on a Philadelphia car insurance quote.
- Telematics Data - Drivers that enable their auto insurance company to study vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Sign Early and Save - Some companies provide a discount for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Government Employee Discount - Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
If you would like to view providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Philadelphia, click this link.
Local insurance agents
Some people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you may find lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is still important in Philadelphia.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Philadelphia that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you want to use a local Philadelphia insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they work. Auto insurance policy providers are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, it's recommended you contact at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below are Philadelphia independent agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Kowalewski Jawork Insurance Agency Inc
706 S 5th St - Philadelphia, PA 19147 - (215) 922-1222 - View Map
- Pa Auto Insurance Outlet
4901 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19124 - (215) 827-0800 - View Map
- The Gannon Insurance Agency Inc
2704 Street Rd - Bensalem, PA 19020 - (215) 891-9990 - View Map
These type of agents write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently use the same agent mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Philadelphia that can give you price quotes.
- Craig Alleyne - State Farm Insurance Agent
6335 Wayne Avenue - Philadelphia, PA 19144 - (215) 438-8440 - View Map
- Sharon Owens - State Farm Insurance Agent
7034 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19135 - (215) 333-5544 - View Map
- Jack Stabler - State Farm Insurance Agent
6726 Torresdale Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19135 - (215) 331-4300 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Are they full-time agents?
Honda HR-V Insurance Prices Can Be Lower
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can earn you better car insurance rates.
- Save money by raising deductibles - Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, or theft. The deductibles tell how much you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Drivers with excellent credit save - Having a bad credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. If your credit is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Honda HR-V by improving your rating. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with bad credit.
- Costs may be higher where you live - Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Lower population means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Liability protection limits should be high - Liability insurance provides coverage when you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Three good reasons to insure your HR-V
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Philadelphia, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
Third, insurance protects your car and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your Honda gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $850 per year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
We've covered many ways to reduce Honda HR-V insurance premium rates online in Philadelphia. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
As you quote Philadelphia car insurance, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell through independent agents. Lower-priced Honda HR-V insurance in Philadelphia is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Philadelphia Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- How Much is Philadelphia Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)