If shopping for Philadelphia auto insurance quotes online is new to you, it's easy to be confused by the confusing number of auto insurance companies that all promise to save you money.
It's hard to fathom, but about 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Philadelphia could cut their rates by about $690 a year just by shopping around, but they just don't understand the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Philadelphia is not that difficult. If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the ideas you're about to read. But Pennsylvania drivers must comprehend the way companies sell insurance online and use it to find better rates.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The best way to find cheaper Ford Freestar rates is to perform an online rate comparison. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that more quotes helps locate a lower rate.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Philadelphia, PA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Protect more than your Ford Freestar
Even though Philadelphia Freestar insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Ford Freestar Insurance Rates?
Many different elements are used when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are more obscure like where you live or your financial responsibility.
- With age comes lower prices - Inexperience drivers have been known to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates. If you've ever had to add a beginning driver to your policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers.
- Liability insurance risk factors - The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage if you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Cautious drivers pay better costs - How you drive has a big impact on rates. Even one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. People who have license-revoking tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Save money with higher comp and collision deductibles - Your deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Single drivers may have higher costs - Having a wife or husband may save some money when shopping for auto insurance. It means you're more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Advanced alarms and GPS tracking - Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Lower your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there may be some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but some need to be asked about before being credited.
- Driver's Ed - Teen drivers should complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Onboard Data Collection - Policyholders that allow their auto insurance company to monitor driving manner by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Older drivers can get reduced rates.
Don't be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply everywhere.
When to get professional advice
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage, there isn't really a one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you could use an agent's help.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Is my Ford Freestar covered if I use it for business?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Philadelphia?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Auto insurance agents near you
Many people just want to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Philadelphia who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home because prices are sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a insurer needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
If you are searching for a local Philadelphia insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Philadelphia that can give you price quote information.
- Michael DeCarlo - State Farm Insurance Agent
326 S 19th St Ste 2 - Philadelphia, PA 19103 - (215) 772-0100 - View Map
- Jack Stabler - State Farm Insurance Agent
6726 Torresdale Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19135 - (215) 331-4300 - View Map
- Trish Floyd - State Farm Insurance Agent
7706 Castor Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19152 - (215) 725-3000 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you should always get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
The following are Philadelphia independent insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Crossing Insurance Group
4252 Richmond St - Philadelphia, PA 19137 - (215) 321-4990 - View Map
- Martin Insurance
5700 Delancey St - Philadelphia, PA 19143 - (215) 471-6860 - View Map
- Goebel Insurance Agency, Inc.
2026 S 12th St - Philadelphia, PA 19148 - (215) 465-9311 - View Map
Upon receiving good feedback to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to provide auto insurance coverage.
Get the best coverage at the best price
We covered a lot of tips how to find cheap Ford Freestar insurance in Philadelphia. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Philadelphia auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with the smaller companies.
Cheaper Ford Freestar insurance in Philadelphia can be sourced online in addition to many Philadelphia insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don't offer internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
When you buy Philadelphia auto insurance online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at these sites:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)