Are you irritated from being strong-armed to keep your car insured? You are no different than many other Pennsylvania consumers.
It's hard to believe, but most auto insurance policyholders have been with the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Philadelphia drivers could pocket nearly $690 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy. People have multiple auto insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, it can be more challenging to find the lowest cost provider for Saab 9-7X insurance in Philadelphia.
It's smart to get comparison quotes as often as possible because auto insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the lowest quotes on Saab 9-7X insurance in Philadelphia six months ago a different company probably has better rates today. You can find a lot of information about 9-7X insurance online, but in this article, you're going to get a bunch of ideas how to lower your auto insurance rates in Philadelphia.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Philadelphia is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts covered in this article. Drivers just need to learn how to compare different rates online.
Car insurance providers offering competitive prices in Pennsylvania
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper rates by getting discounts
Car insurance companies don't list all discounts very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Philadelphia auto insurance online.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to monitor their driving habits by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not a discount per se, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers take driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Multiple Vehicles - Having multiple cars with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Good Grades - Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Professional Organizations - Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Philadelphia could trigger savings on your bill.
- Paper-free Discount - A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application online.
It's important to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- Travelers has savings for student away at school, new car, continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, good student, save driver, and home ownership.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including student driver, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, teen driver, and driver training.
- State Farm offers discounts including good driver, driver's education, multiple autos, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, daytime running lights, and driver training.
- SAFECO discounts include drive less, teen safe driver, homeowner, anti-theft, and safe driver.
- AAA may include discounts for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-policy, and education and occupation.
When quoting, ask each company the best way to save money. Savings may not apply in your area.
Smart Consumers Know How to Buy Auto Insurance at a Discount
Lots of things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. It's important that you understand some of the elements that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that may reward you with cheaper rates.
- Optional features that cut prices - Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent auto theft.
- Is you occupation costing you more? - Careers such as judges, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts have higher premium rates in part from stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, careers like actors, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Use one insurance company and save - Most insurance companies apply a discount to buyers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to compare other Philadelphia 9-7X insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Stay claim-free and lower auto insurance rates - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Companies in Pennsylvania provide cheaper rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Which is the best auto insurance?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Philadelphia?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Does my Saab 9-7X qualify for pleasure use?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- What is the minimum liability in Pennsylvania?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance agents are professional risk managers
Many people still like to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Good agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Philadelphia who will give you quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, just visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How often do they review coverages?
The following are agents in Philadelphia willing to provide price quotes for Saab 9-7X insurance in Philadelphia.
Cheap car insurance rates are possible
While you're price shopping online, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage and learned later they didn't have enough coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Budget-conscious Saab 9-7X insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Philadelphia, so you need to quote Philadelphia auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
We've covered some good ideas how to reduce Saab 9-7X insurance rates online in Philadelphia. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Saab 9-7X rate quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Students in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)