Searching for more affordable Saturn Ion insurance in Philadelphia? Are you overwhelmed by the wide range of auto insurance sources in Philadelphia? Lot's of other drivers are too. Pennsylvania consumers have so many choices that it can be a difficult challenge to lower your prices for Saturn Ion insurance in Philadelphia. Philadelphia is an excellent city in which to live, but expensive auto insurance premiums can make it impossible to be able to buy decent coverage.
Remarkably, a study showed that most auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. The average driver in Pennsylvania could save almost $686 every year just by shopping around, but they don't want to take the time to compare rates.
You should take the time to take a look at other company's rates as often as possible since rates change quite often. Just because you found the lowest premium rates on Saturn Ion insurance in Philadelphia six months ago you will most likely find a better price today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're about to learn the easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using these tips. Getting quotes for cheaper policy in Philadelphia is easy if you know what you're doing. Nevertheless, Pennsylvania car owners must understand how insurance companies calculate their prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
Cheapest Saturn insurance price quotes in Philadelphia
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Pennsylvania. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Get cheaper Saturn Ion insurance rates in Philadelphia
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few need to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current Ion insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Resident Student - College-age children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Professional Organizations - Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Philadelphia could trigger savings on your bill.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds who allow data collection to track driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and five-year accident-free.
- Travelers may include discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, continuous insurance, payment discounts, early quote, good student, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for driver training, good student, multi-policy, safe driver, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include preferred payment discount, multi-policy, teen driver discount, new move discount, new vehicle discount, and good student.
- American Family offers discounts including mySafetyValet, air bags, bundled insurance, defensive driver, good driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
When quoting, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Philadelphia. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Philadelphia, click here.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but others are more obscure such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
Auto insurance policy lapses increase rates - Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Pennsylvania department of motor vehicles.
Don't buy extra coverages you don't use - Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
Driver age impacts costs - Drivers with little experience tend to get distracted easily when driving so auto insurance rates are higher. Having to add a teen driver to your auto insurance policy can break the bank. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.
Cheaper rates using alarm systems - Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
Limits of liability insurance - Liability insurance will provide protection if ever you are found liable for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Gender as a rate factor - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don't assume that females are better drivers. They both are responsible for accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male teenagers generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
High credit history translates to low rates - A driver's credit score can be an important factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Saturn Ion by improving your rating. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with worse credit.
Car insurance agents near you
Certain consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Philadelphia that provide free Philadelphia auto insurance quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Philadelphia
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents in Philadelphia can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Many people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Philadelphia that are able to give rate quotes.
- State Farm: Brian Cover
7005 Bustleton Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19149 - (215) 332-9000 - View Map
- State Farm - Adam Hutcheon
1436 Fairmount Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19130 - (215) 765-2686 - View Map
- Jack Stabler - State Farm Insurance Agent
6726 Torresdale Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19135 - (215) 331-4300 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you should always compare quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most can insure with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are Philadelphia independent agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Nigro Insurance Agency
35 Letitia St - Philadelphia, PA 19106 - (215) 278-9633 - View Map
- Fabey Insurance Agency
619 E Girard Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19125 - (215) 425-7640 - View Map
- The Perzel Agency, Inc.
7338 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19136 - (215) 335-6878 - View Map
If you receive reasonable responses to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that can properly service your auto insurance policy. But remember, you can terminate your policy any time you want so don't assume that you are obligated to a specific agent for a certain time period.
Compare rates regularly to save
When searching for cheaper Philadelphia auto insurance quotes, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone dropped full coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just learned some good ideas how you can get a better price on Saturn Ion insurance in Philadelphia. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Saturn Ion rate quotes. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with a small mutual company.
Low-cost Saturn Ion insurance in Philadelphia is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Philadelphia, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not have online quoting and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Car Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)