Are you searching for more affordable Dodge Ram insurance in Philadelphia? Are you a victim of high-priced Dodge Ram insurance in Philadelphia? You're preaching to the choir because there are lots of Philadelphia residents who feel the same.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don't want their policyholders to compare prices. People who compare rates at least once a year are inclined to switch companies because there is a high probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey discovered that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the most affordable car insurance in Philadelphia is your ultimate goal, then having an understanding of how to find and compare coverages can help make the process easier.
You have multiple insurers to pick from, and although it's nice to have a choice, it can be more difficult to find a good deal for Dodge Ram insurance in Philadelphia.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Some insurance providers don't always publicize all discounts very well, so the list below details both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you. If you aren't receiving every discount available, you're paying more than you need to.
- Online Discount - A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on your computer.
- Defensive Driver - Taking a class that teaches driver safety techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Resident Student - Children who live away from home at college and won't have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles could earn substantially lower rates.
- Save over 55 - Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Homeowners Savings - Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Seat Belts Save - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won't be that lucky.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and some of the discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include good driver, type of vehicle, ease of repair, multi-car, annual mileage, professional/association, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, business and professional, good student, switch companies, and youthful driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including driver training, good student, youthful driver, renewal discount, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, good student, and safe vehicle.
- Allstate has savings for 55 and retired, passive restraint, multi-policy, auto/life discount, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, five-year accident-free, federal employee, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
If you need affordable Dodge Ram insurance quotes, ask each company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Philadelphia. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies who offer discounts in Philadelphia, click this link.
It's important to know that comparing more prices gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Pennsylvania. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Rates and detailed analysis
The table displayed next highlights a range of policy rates for Dodge Ram models. Having a better understanding of how insurance premiums are established can help drivers make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$290||$352||$488||$28||$146||$1,304||$109|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$328||$428||$488||$28||$146||$1,418||$118|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$328||$428||$488||$28||$146||$1,418||$118|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$328||$428||$488||$28||$146||$1,418||$118|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$328||$428||$488||$28||$146||$1,418||$118|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$328||$428||$488||$28||$146||$1,418||$118|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$328||$428||$488||$28||$146||$1,418||$118|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$328||$428||$488||$28||$146||$1,418||$118|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$328||$428||$488||$28||$146||$1,418||$118|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$364||$506||$488||$28||$146||$1,532||$128|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$364||$506||$488||$28||$146||$1,532||$128|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$364||$506||$488||$28||$146||$1,532||$128|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$364||$506||$488||$28||$146||$1,532||$128|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$364||$506||$488||$28||$146||$1,532||$128|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$364||$506||$488||$28||$146||$1,532||$128|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$364||$506||$488||$28||$146||$1,532||$128|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$364||$506||$488||$28||$146||$1,532||$128|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$364||$506||$488||$28||$146||$1,532||$128|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$364||$582||$488||$28||$146||$1,608||$134|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$364||$582||$488||$28||$146||$1,608||$134|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in Philadelphia location which can influence auto insurance rates noticeably.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Dodge Ram insurance prices for different age groups. The data is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Ram insurance prices when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no set guideline for phasing out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Ram claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Are auto insurance agents obsolete?
Some people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local agencies is still important in Philadelphia.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Philadelphia insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they function. Philadelphia agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection.
The following are independent agencies in Philadelphia that may be able to give free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Philadelphia that can give you comparison quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Philadelphia?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How long has their agency been open in Philadelphia?
How much can you save?
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to get a better price on Dodge Ram insurance in Philadelphia. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. These companies can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Lower-priced Dodge Ram insurance in Philadelphia is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Philadelphia agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies don't offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for State Employees in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)