Buying car insurance online may appear to be difficult at first since most people haven't used quote comparisons online. But don't surrender to high rates because there is an easy way to compare rates for Porsche 911 insurance in Philadelphia.
It's safe to conclude that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around for cheaper price quotes are highly likely to move their business because they have a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly insurance is your ultimate goal, then learning a little about the best way to shop and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Porsche 911 insurance in Philadelphia
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but some need to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers can save substantially as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Driver Training Discounts - Completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Multiple Cars - Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Auto/Life Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car model may earn a small discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Student in College - Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you could save up to 20% off your total 911 insurance premium.
- Student Driver Training - Have your child enroll and complete driver's education in school.
- Organization Discounts - Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a Philadelphia auto insurance quote.
Don't be surprised that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Porsche 911 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data is based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- American Family discounts include defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, and bundled insurance.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, good student, 55 and retired, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, accident-free, good driver, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- Travelers has discounts for IntelliDrive, multi-car, new car, student away at school, and save driver.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for bundle, driver training, defensive driver, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
- GEICO may have discounts that include driver training, good student, air bags, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, anti-theft, and military active duty.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
Double check with every company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Philadelphia. If you would like to see a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts in Philadelphia, click this link.
How much is Porsche 911 insurance in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania?
The majority of larger companies like Allstate and Progressive provide price estimates from their websites. Getting Porsche 911 insurance prices online is very simple because it's just a matter of typing in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, the system gets credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it's necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the best possible rates on insurance.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you will receive a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Pennsylvania. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Porsche 911 insurance coverage information
The table shown next covers different insurance costs for Porsche 911 models. Having insight into how prices are established can help customers make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$390||$890||$340||$20||$102||$1,742||$145|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$424||$890||$340||$20||$102||$1,776||$148|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$424||$890||$288||$18||$86||$1,706||$142|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$424||$890||$340||$20||$102||$1,776||$148|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$424||$890||$288||$18||$86||$1,706||$142|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$424||$974||$340||$20||$102||$1,860||$155|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$424||$974||$340||$20||$102||$1,860||$155|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$424||$974||$288||$18||$86||$1,790||$149|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$456||$890||$288||$18||$86||$1,738||$145|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$456||$974||$340||$20||$102||$1,892||$158|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$456||$1058||$340||$20||$102||$1,976||$165|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$524||$1142||$340||$20||$102||$2,128||$177|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$524||$1142||$340||$20||$102||$2,128||$177|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$524||$1226||$288||$18||$86||$2,142||$179|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact price quotes considerably.
How high should deductibles be?
A question often asked by Philadelphia drivers is how high or low should comp and collision deductibles be. The following tables can help you visualize the difference in cost when you choose different insurance deductibles. The first rate table uses a $250 deductible for physical damage and the second rate table uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$386||$810||$330||$20||$98||$1,669||$139|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$418||$810||$330||$20||$98||$1,701||$142|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$418||$810||$280||$16||$84||$1,633||$136|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$418||$810||$330||$20||$98||$1,701||$142|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$418||$810||$280||$16||$84||$1,633||$136|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$418||$888||$330||$20||$98||$1,779||$148|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$418||$888||$330||$20||$98||$1,779||$148|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$418||$888||$280||$16||$84||$1,711||$143|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$450||$810||$280||$16||$84||$1,665||$139|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$450||$888||$330||$20||$98||$1,811||$151|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$450||$964||$330||$20||$98||$1,887||$157|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$516||$1040||$330||$20||$98||$2,029||$169|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$516||$1040||$330||$20||$98||$2,029||$169|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$516||$1116||$280||$16||$84||$2,037||$170|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$314||$654||$330||$20||$98||$1,416||$118|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$340||$654||$330||$20||$98||$1,442||$120|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$340||$654||$280||$16||$84||$1,374||$115|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$340||$654||$330||$20||$98||$1,442||$120|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$340||$654||$280||$16||$84||$1,374||$115|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$340||$716||$330||$20||$98||$1,504||$125|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$340||$716||$330||$20||$98||$1,504||$125|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$340||$716||$280||$16||$84||$1,436||$120|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$366||$654||$280||$16||$84||$1,400||$117|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$366||$716||$330||$20||$98||$1,530||$128|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$366||$778||$330||$20||$98||$1,592||$133|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$420||$838||$330||$20||$98||$1,706||$142|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$420||$838||$330||$20||$98||$1,706||$142|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$420||$900||$280||$16||$84||$1,700||$142|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can change coverage rates significantly.
Based on the figures above, using a $250 deductible costs an average of $23 more each month or $276 each year averaged for all 911 models than requesting the higher $500 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $250 more if you turn in a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to go at a minimum 11 months between claims, you would more than likely save some money going with the higher deductible.
How to calculate deductible break even point
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$149|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||- $126|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$23|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 - $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $23|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||11 months|
One thing to note is that a higher deductible results in more money out-of-pocket at claim time. You need enough disposable savings in the event you need to pay the deductible to have repairs made.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Porsche 911 insurance costs for each different age category. The costs are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Porsche 911 yearly insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Pennsylvania minimum liability coverage. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no exact formula to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Porsche 911 settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
How You Can Control Porsche 911 Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are used when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes some of the most common factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
Lower performance equals lower insurance rates - The type of car you are insuring makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single male driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Porsche 911 insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
Do you know your deductibles? - Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your Porsche. Some examples of covered claims could be a dented fender, vandalism, and burglary. The deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Poor credit history equals high rates - Having a good credit history can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Porsche 911 if you clean up your credit. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit.
Cautious drivers pay the best costs - Good drivers get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one driving citation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten careless citations like reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions influence Porsche 911 car insurance rates for each age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Claims statistics for a Porsche 911 - Insurers factor in historical loss data to help calculate premium prices. Vehicles that tend to have increased losses will have higher rates.
The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Porsche 911 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr||191||47||173||24|
|Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible||197||51||224||36|
|Porsche 911 Turbo 2dr 4WD||349||367|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. You are unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- Is my Porsche 911 covered for flood damage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
Can't I compare rate quotes from local Philadelphia car insurance agents?
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local agents is definitely important in Philadelphia.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Philadelphia that provide free Philadelphia auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won't need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When narrowing the list to find a local Philadelphia insurance agency, there are two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Philadelphia can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you need to include several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are Philadelphia independent insurance agents who may provide free car insurance rate quotes.
- Fabey Insurance Agency
619 E Girard Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19125 - (215) 425-7640 - View Map
- Kowalewski Jawork Insurance Agency Inc
706 S 5th St - Philadelphia, PA 19147 - (215) 922-1222 - View Map
- Torri Insurance Agency
214 Fairmount Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19123 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Philadelphia willing to provide rate quotes.
- Joe Ems - State Farm Insurance Agent
7348 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19136 - (215) 333-5100 - View Map
- Erica Bantom Martin - State Farm Insurance Agent
1124 S Broad St - Philadelphia, PA 19146 - (215) 875-8100 - View Map
- Jerry Gregory - State Farm Insurance Agent
2999 Welsh Rd - Philadelphia, PA 19152 - (215) 338-3313 - View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
After receiving reasonable responses and the cheapest Porsche 911 insurance in Philadelphia quotes, you may have found a car insurance agent that is a good match to provide car insurance coverage. Just understand that you are entitled to terminate coverage at any point so never assume that you are obligated to a policy for the full policy term.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Porsche in Philadelphia, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your 911 has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Porsche for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Porsche and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Porsche gets damaged, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so it's important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
When searching for affordable Porsche 911 insurance quotes, make sure you don't skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company can be easier than you think.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can reduce Porsche 911 insurance rates online in Philadelphia. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Traverse in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)