How many times have you told yourself to find cheaper Scion iQ insurance in Philadelphia? No car owner rejoices having to buy car insurance, especially knowing they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
It's astonishing, but almost 70% of insureds have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Philadelphia drivers could save up to $690 every year just by shopping around, but they just don't understand how easy it is to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all claim big savings with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the deception and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It's important to check car insurance prices occasionally since insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the lowest rates on Scion iQ insurance in Philadelphia last year you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're about to learn one of the quickest ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you are insured now, you should be able to find the best rates using the ideas you're about to read. Finding affordable coverage in Philadelphia is quite easy. Although Pennsylvania car owners must learn the way companies compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Score discounts on Philadelphia insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before they will apply. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Professional Organizations - Being in a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount when getting a Philadelphia auto insurance quote.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Insuring all your vehicles on the same insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model is cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Driver's Ed - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver's education in school.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Mature Driver Discount - Older drivers are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren't that generous.
Some of the insurance companies that may include these money-saving discounts possibly include:
If you need inexpensive Philadelphia auto insurance quotes, ask every company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To find providers offering insurance discounts in Philadelphia, follow this link.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the fact almost all companies allow for online access to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like driver details, the year, make and model of vehicles, if you have a valid license, and types of safety features. Your rating data is instantly sent to multiple different insurance companies and you should receive rate quotes quickly.
To start a quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Philadelphia.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is still important in Philadelphia.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Philadelphia that can provide free Philadelphia auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won't need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Philadelphia auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
When looking for a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agents in Philadelphia are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you should always include independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following are Philadelphia independent insurance agencies that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
The following are exclusive agents in Philadelphia who can help you get rate quotes.
Jack Stabler - State Farm Insurance Agent
6726 Torresdale Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19135 - (215) 331-4300 - View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Philadelphia?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Pennsylvania?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
After receiving good answers to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide car insurance. Just keep in mind consumers can cancel a policy whenever you wish so never feel you're contractually obligated to the car insurance policy with no way to switch.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Scion iQ in Philadelphia, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your iQ, more than likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Scion at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $750 every year so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Specific coverages for a Scion iQ
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverage types found on most car insurance policies.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices, funeral costs, EMT expenses and surgery. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hail damage, hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and rock chips in glass. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Scion iQ.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims like court costs, repair costs for stationary objects and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford. Pennsylvania state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be high enough to cover claims.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your iQ resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your iQ in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Be persistent and save
When you buy Philadelphia auto insurance online, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just covered many ways to save on Scion iQ insurance in Philadelphia. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Scion iQ insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Cheap Scion iQ insurance in Philadelphia is possible from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not offer online rate quotes and these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in these articles:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Philadelphia Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for High School Students in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)