Searching for low-cost insurance for your Jaguar X-Type in Pennsylvania can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your Jaguar and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and Philadelphia agents.
A study showed that almost 70% of insureds kept buying from the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Pennsylvania consumers could save themselves roughly 55% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it's too difficult to shop their coverage around.
You should make it a habit to check insurance prices at least once a year because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best quotes on Jaguar X-Type insurance in Philadelphia two years ago a different company probably has better rates today. You can find a lot of information about X-Type insurance online, but you can learn some good information on how to save money.
If you are already insured or need new coverage, use these techniques to buy cheaper insurance and still get good coverage. Getting quotes for the lowest-priced protection in Philadelphia is not that difficult. Comparison shoppers just need to understand the most effective way to compare rate quotes from multiple carriers.
Earn discounts on Philadelphia auto insurance
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but there may be some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower price if you buy life insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Early Signing - A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy early. You could save around 10% when you buy Philadelphia car insurance online.
- Online Discount - Some of the larger companies will give a small break just for signing your application on the internet.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Philadelphia car insurance quote.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, membership and employees, federal employee, air bags, and military active duty.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for multi-policy, safe driver, air bags, multiple vehicles, safe vehicle, and company car.
- American Family may have discounts that include good driver, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- Esurance has savings for DriveSense, good student, renters, good driver, Switch & Save, and claim free.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, passive restraint, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and accident-free.
- AAA has discounts for pay-in-full, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, and education and occupation.
Double check with each company which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply in every state. To locate insurance companies with the best discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
How to buy Jaguar X-Type insurance in Philadelphia
All major auto insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get insurance quotes on their websites. Obtaining pricing for Jaguar X-Type insurance in Philadelphia can be done by anyone because it's just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want into the form. Upon sending the form, the system pulls credit information and your driving record and quotes a price based on these and other factors.
The ability to get online rates for Jaguar X-Type insurance in Philadelphia makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to do this if you want to get a lower rate.
To quickly compare pricing, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Philadelphia, PA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
When to get professional advice
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone's needs are different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Is my Jaguar X-Type covered for smoke damage?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- What is glass protection for?
- How high should deductibles be on a Jaguar X-Type?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agents near you
A lot of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can find the best rates and also buy local.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurer should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Exclusive and independent Philadelphia auto insurance agents
If you want to use a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents that you can choose from. Insurance policy providers can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can handle insurance, but it's a good idea to understand how they differ since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. They receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Many people use the same agent mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Philadelphia who can help you get price quote information.
- Les Moore - State Farm Insurance Agent
6750 N 5th St - Philadelphia, PA 19126 - (215) 224-4400 - View Map
- Craig Alleyne - State Farm Insurance Agent
6335 Wayne Avenue - Philadelphia, PA 19144 - (215) 438-8440 - View Map
- Jack Stabler - State Farm Insurance Agent
6726 Torresdale Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19135 - (215) 331-4300 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you've never heard of which may have better rates.
Below are Philadelphia independent agents that are able to give price quote information.
- McCollum Insurance Agency
4169 Main St - Philadelphia, PA 19127 - (215) 508-9000 - View Map
- Gallo Insurance Agency
617 S 18th St - Philadelphia, PA 19146 - (215) 545-9500 - View Map
- First Rate Insurance
7790 Rockwell Ave Suite 1 - Philadelphia, PA 19111 - (215) 725-6700 - View Map
Get the best coverage at the best price
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to save on Jaguar X-Type insurance in Philadelphia. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Jaguar X-Type insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When searching for inexpensive Philadelphia car insurance quotes, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost.
Discount Jaguar X-Type insurance in Philadelphia can be purchased from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)