Finding cheaper insurance for a new or used Mitsubishi Diamante in Pennsylvania can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier.
There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a new or used Mitsubishi and locate the cheapest rates from both online companies and Philadelphia agents.
A recent survey discovered that most consumers in Pennsylvania kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many drivers in America could save themselves 46.5% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they changed companies.
Consumers need to check auto insurance prices before your next renewal because auto insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Mitsubishi Diamante insurance in Philadelphia at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we're going to show you how to use the internet to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Comparing quotes for the best-priced policy in Philadelphia is not as difficult as people think. If you have insurance now or just want cheaper rates, use these cost-cutting techniques to shop for the lowest rates without reducing coverage. Consumers just need to learn the tricks to find the lowest price from many companies at once.
Compare Mitsubishi Diamante insurance rates
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Philadelphia, buying car insurance is mandatory in Pennsylvania but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mitsubishi, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Mitsubishi at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Save money with these discounts on Mitsubishi Diamante insurance in Philadelphia
Companies that sell car insurance don't necessarily list every possible discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on auto insurance.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Federal Employees - Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Philadelphia car insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Student in College - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Philadelphia and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Accident Free - Philadelphia drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Military Discounts - Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used Diamante can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Student Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- One Accident Forgiven - This isn't a discount exactly, but a few companies such as State Farm and Progressive may permit one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims prior to the accident.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won't be that lucky.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you want affordable Mitsubishi Diamante insurance quotes, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Philadelphia. To find companies with the best discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Philadelphia.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Philadelphia that provide free Philadelphia car insurance quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Types of car insurance agents
When searching for a local Philadelphia insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents in Philadelphia are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can insure your vehicles, but it's worth learning the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. A lot of them also have access to small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
The following are Philadelphia independent insurance agents that may be able to give free price quotes.
- Martin Insurance
5700 Delancey St - Philadelphia, PA 19143 - (215) 471-6860 - View Map
- Goebel Insurance Agency, Inc.
2026 S 12th St - Philadelphia, PA 19148 - (215) 465-9311 - View Map
- The Miles Insurance Agency Inc
7100 Cresheim Rd - Philadelphia, PA 19119 - (215) 753-7770 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand legacy rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Philadelphia that are able to give comparison quotes.
- George Kweder - State Farm Insurance Agent
1521 W Oregon Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19145 - (215) 467-1837 - View Map
- Sharon Owens - State Farm Insurance Agent
7034 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19135 - (215) 333-5544 - View Map
- Ahida Garcia - State Farm Insurance Agent
716 Adams Ave Ste 8 - Philadelphia, PA 19124 - (215) 533-5550 - View Map
Picking a car insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Philadelphia, get answers to these questions.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers and even poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.
As you quote Philadelphia car insurance, it's very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can compare Mitsubishi Diamante insurance car insurance rates in Philadelphia. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Philadelphia car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
More detailed auto insurance information is available at these sites:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Active Military in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)