Having to pay for overpriced car insurance in Philadelphia can deplete your budget and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Comparing rates annually is a fast and free way to tighten up your finances.
It's a fact that insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. People who compare rates at least once a year are very likely to switch companies because there is a high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A survey found that drivers who routinely shopped around saved approximately $70 a month compared to policyholders who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Nissan cube insurance is the reason you're reading this, then having some insight into the best way to compare car insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Lots of auto insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, so it's not easy to compare every company to find the best price available on Nissan cube insurance in Philadelphia.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance at a Discount
Lots of things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine your premiums.
Save by driving less - The higher the mileage driven in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers price each vehicle's coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Make sure your declarations sheet properly reflects annual mileage. Improper usage on your cube can result in significantly higher rates.
Rates can be impacted by your employer - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers like military generals, social workers, and dentists have higher rates than average attributed to intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. Other jobs like farmers, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
Safety first - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
Get better rates if married - Having a significant other actually saves money when shopping for car insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature than a single person and it's statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Good credit equals lower prices - Credit history factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your Nissan cube if you clean up your credit.
Vehicle risk impacts rates - The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates will normally be found when insuring economy passenger cars, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The next chart assumes a married male driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Nissan cube rates compared to other models that have different performance risks.
Responsible drivers have lower premiums - Only having one speeding ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who don't get tickets get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers who have received dangerous violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and accident claims can drive up Nissan cube auto insurance costs for each age group. Data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
First Step: Get free Nissan cube insurance quotes
It's important to know that comparing more rates from different companies will enable you to find a lower rate than you're paying now. Not every company does Philadelphia cube insurance quotes over the internet, so it's recommended that you also compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Pennsylvania. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Nissan cube coverage analysis
The rate information shown below outlines different prices for Nissan cube models. Having a better idea how insurance prices are formulated can help customers make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cube S 2WD||$202||$326||$398||$24||$120||$1,070||$89|
|Cube SL 2WD||$202||$398||$398||$24||$120||$1,142||$95|
|Cube Krom 2WD||$228||$468||$398||$24||$120||$1,238||$103|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in Philadelphia location which can impact rates greatly.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Nissan cube insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Nissan cube liability-only versus full coverage
The chart below shows the difference between Nissan cube premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no specific rule that works best for making the decision to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Nissan cube replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven't paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Here's why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Nissan cube in Philadelphia, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your cube, most lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Nissan at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Car insurance protects not only your Nissan but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America overpays as much as $810 a year so it's recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance policy discounts for Nissan cube insurance in Philadelphia
Some insurers do not list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Philadelphia auto insurance online.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car instead of a used cube can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Distant Student - Older children living away from Philadelphia attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you may earn up to 20% and get you the cheapest Nissan cube insurance in Philadelphia.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn't work that way.
The chart below shows the difference between Nissan cube insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for 55 and retired, multi-policy, driver training, safe driver, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include newly retired, multi-car, new graduate, newly married, hybrid vehicle, and new vehicle discount.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, accident-free, defensive driving training, driver's education, good student, good driver, and multiple autos.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for company car, safe driver, multiple vehicles, air bags, paid in full, teen driver, and mature driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, anti-theft, seat belt use, military active duty, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for multi-car, homeowner, accident prevention training, drive less, and anti-theft.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies how you can save money. A few discounts might not be offered in Philadelphia. To see a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Compare rates but work with a local neighborhood Philadelphia car insurance agent
Some consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is especially important in Philadelphia.
Once you complete this short form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Philadelphia that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
When researching a local Philadelphia insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they operate. Philadelphia agents can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to do anything. When comparing insurance rates, you definitely need to include price quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a small list of independent agents in Philadelphia that can give you free rate quotes.
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are exclusive agencies in Philadelphia willing to provide price quote information.
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
Cheaper auto insurance rates are possible
Cheaper auto insurance in Philadelphia can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents in Philadelphia, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
When getting Philadelphia auto insurance quotes online, it's a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, drivers have reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)