Trying to find low-cost insurance for a new or used Acura RL in Pennsylvania could be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our auto insurance buying tips and make it easy. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the quickest way to compare rates for your Acura and locate the best price possible.
It's a good idea to compare prices yearly due to the fact that insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best rate on Acura RL insurance in Philadelphia at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better prices now. You can search a lot of RL insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some proven techniques to put money back in your pocket.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, use these tips to find better prices without having to cut coverage. Quoting and comparing rates for cheaper car insurance in Philadelphia is not as difficult as people think. Drivers just have to know the proper way to shop for car insurance from many different companies.
Companies offering Acura RL insurance in Pennsylvania
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Data for Acura RL insurance
The table shown next covers estimates of policy rates for Acura RL models. Having a better idea how premiums are figured is important for drivers to make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RL 3.7 with Tech Package||$304||$644||$372||$22||$112||$1,454||$121|
|RL 3.7 with Tech/CMBS Package||$304||$644||$372||$22||$112||$1,454||$121|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can affect premium rates considerably.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The example below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders drive up Acura RL insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below shows the difference between Acura RL insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no exact formula for eliminating full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Acura RL settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing in excess of $800 a year for full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Car insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Companies that sell car insurance don't always publicize their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Philadelphia car insurance online.
- Sign Early and Save - A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current RL insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Safe Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Good Grades Discount - A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Telematics Data - Policyholders that allow data collection to track where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate's Drivewise could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active deployment in the military may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on RL insurance in Philadelphia.
- Online Discount - Certain insurance companies will give you a small discount simply for signing on the web.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you could receive a slight reduction on a Philadelphia car insurance quote.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn't quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your premiums.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Acura RL insurance costs with and without discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- 21st Century has discounts for teen driver, defensive driver, good student, anti-lock brakes, driver training, theft prevention, and early bird.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, good driver, driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers discounts including defensive driving, family plan, good student, multi-policy, easy pay, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Esurance may have discounts that include claim free, DriveSense, multi-policy, Pac-12 alumni, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and online quote.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, good student, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state.
How Insurers Determine Acura RL Insurance Costs
Many different elements are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
The list below includes a few of the "ingredients" used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
Reduce car insurance rates by driving safer vehicles - Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Acura has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
Better premiums with anti-theft devices - Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder auto theft.
With age comes responsibility - Young drivers in Pennsylvania have been known to be less responsible when driving with friends so car insurance rates are higher. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
The following data uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Never let your car insurance policy lapse - Not maintaining insurance is illegal and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Pay lower rates if you're married - Getting married may save some money on your car insurance policy. Marriage is viewed as being more responsible and it's statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Defend yourself with liability - Liability insurance will afford coverage if a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Acura RL insurance loss data - Insurance companies analyze historical claim data to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that have higher frequency or amount of claims will have increased rates.
The data below shows the collected loss data for Acura RL vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RLX 4dr||128||63||179||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When selecting your policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Acura RL?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- What is glass protection for?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Can't I compare rates from local Philadelphia insurance agents?
Many people just want to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Philadelphia car insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurer requires more thought than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Philadelphia?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Pennsylvania?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies are either exclusive or independent. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the difference between them because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide one company's prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company's rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Philadelphia willing to provide price quote information.
- Sharon Owens - State Farm Insurance Agent
7034 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19135 - (215) 333-5544 - View Map
- State Farm - Adam Hutcheon
1436 Fairmount Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19130 - (215) 765-2686 - View Map
- George Kweder - State Farm Insurance Agent
1521 W Oregon Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19145 - (215) 467-1837 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you compare prices from independent agents to get the best comparison. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Philadelphia who can help you get rate quotes.
- Kowalewski Jawork Insurance Agency Inc
706 S 5th St - Philadelphia, PA 19147 - (215) 922-1222 - View Map
- Nigro Insurance Agency
35 Letitia St - Philadelphia, PA 19106 - (215) 278-9633 - View Map
- Burg Insurance
2707 Kirkbride St - Philadelphia, PA 19137 - (215) 744-4100 - View Map
Shop around and save
While you're price shopping online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented many tips how you can lower your Acura RL insurance rates in Philadelphia. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Philadelphia car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
There are still a few companies who don't offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent agencies. Cost effective Acura RL insurance is possible on the web in addition to many Philadelphia insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
More information is available at these links:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)