Finding cheaper insurance for a BMW X6 in Pennsylvania can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates and we'll show you the quickest way to quote coverages for a BMW and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and Philadelphia agents.
If you have a current insurance policy or just want cheaper coverage, use these tips to save money and still have adequate protection. Finding and comparing the best-priced insurance policy in Philadelphia is not that difficult. Comparison shoppers just have to know the proper methods to shop their coverage around on the web.
Finding a lower price on BMW X6 insurance can be surprisingly simple. You just need to take a few minutes to get quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Pennsylvania. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Save money on BMW X6 insurance in Philadelphia with these five discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Sign Online - A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Good Student - Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Full Payment Discount - By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- No Claim Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to bad drivers.
Don't be surprised that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, that's just not realistic.
The example below illustrates the comparison of BMW X6 insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The information is based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that may have some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply to policies in every state. To locate providers with significant discounts in Philadelphia, click this link.
Insurance rate breakdown
The premium information displayed below highlights different prices for BMW X6 models. Knowing how prices are established is important for you to make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|X6 35I AWD||$380||$770||$336||$20||$100||$1,606||$134|
|X6 50I AWD||$416||$858||$336||$20||$100||$1,730||$144|
|X6 ActiveHybrid AWD||$452||$948||$336||$20||$100||$1,856||$155|
|X6 M AWD||$452||$948||$336||$20||$100||$1,856||$155|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase prices considerably.
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease BMW X6 insurance costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents can drive up BMW X6 insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Getting quotes from local Philadelphia car insurance agents
Some people still like to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Philadelphia who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- If they are an independent agency in Philadelphia, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Philadelphia?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
If you want to buy car insurance from a local agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Philadelphia agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Both can do a good job, but it's good to learn the differences because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive agencies in Philadelphia willing to provide price quote information.
- Paul Hoffman - State Farm Insurance Agent
2655 S 12th St - Philadelphia, PA 19148 - (215) 389-4737 - View Map
- Mike Hickey - State Farm Insurance Agent
86 Bethlehem Pike - Philadelphia, PA 19118 - (215) 753-1501 - View Map
- Jerry Gregory - State Farm Insurance Agent
2999 Welsh Rd - Philadelphia, PA 19152 - (215) 338-3313 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure through many different car insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to do anything.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will want to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Philadelphia willing to provide price quotes.
- The Gannon Insurance Agency Inc
2704 Street Rd - Bensalem, PA 19020 - (215) 891-9990 - View Map
- The Perzel Agency, Inc.
7338 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19136 - (215) 335-6878 - View Map
- National Insurance Agency
2414 Rhawn St - Philadelphia, PA 19152 - (215) 332-1100 - View Map
It's not one size fits all
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if you may require specific advice.
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Pennsylvania minimum liability coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a BMW X6 in Philadelphia, buying car insurance is required by state law in Pennsylvania and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your BMW for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your BMW X6 and your personal assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Philadelphia is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for collisions
This covers damage to your X6 caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a building, backing into a parked car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It's also possible to choose a higher deductible on your X6 to save money on collision insurance.
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other's property or people by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 15/30/5 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as pain and suffering, attorney fees, funeral expenses, bail bonds and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Pennsylvania state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it's recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your BMW X6.
Since many Pennsylvania drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5 in Pennsylvania), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like chiropractic care, hospital visits, surgery and rehabilitation expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as theft, damage from flooding, vandalism, fire damage and a broken windshield. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Persistence pays off
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed full coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
You just read many tips how you can reduce BMW X6 insurance premium rates online in Philadelphia. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)