Confused by the sheer number of insurance choices in Philadelphia? Pennsylvania consumers have so many choices to choose from that it can be hard work to find the lowest price for Buick Enclave insurance in Philadelphia. If you live there, you know that Philadelphia is an awesome place to live, but budgeting for expensive insurance can make it very difficult to purchase enough protection.
A recent insurance study revealed that the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. American drivers could cut their rates by approximately 47% a year, but they won't spend time to compare rates online.
It's important to compare premium rates quite often because insurance rates tend to go up over time. If you had the best rate on Buick Enclave insurance in Philadelphia a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we're going to show you one of the easiest ways to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you have insurance now, you should be able to find better prices using the techniques presented in this article. Getting quotes for affordable auto insurance in Philadelphia is not as hard as you think. But Pennsylvania vehicle owners do need to know the methods companies use to calculate your auto insurance rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
The majority of larger companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm provide coverage price quotes on their websites. Doing online quotes for Buick Enclave insurance in Philadelphia doesn't take a lot of time as you simply type in your coverage information as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, the company's rating system automatically orders your driving and credit reports and quotes a price based on these factors.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it's necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for cheap prices.
In order to use this form to compare rates, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you're receiving comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Pennsylvania. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Facts and figures for Buick Enclave insurance
The information shown next covers detailed analysis of coverage costs for Buick Enclave models. Being aware of how insurance quotes are determined can be valuable when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Enclave CX 2WD||$226||$400||$336||$20||$100||$1,082||$90|
|Enclave CX AWD||$226||$400||$336||$20||$100||$1,082||$90|
|Enclave XL 2WD||$226||$400||$336||$20||$100||$1,082||$90|
|Enclave XL AWD||$252||$400||$336||$20||$100||$1,108||$92|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in your specific Philadelphia location which can lower or raise insurance rates considerably.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Buick Enclave insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The diagram below shows the comparison of Buick Enclave yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Buick Enclave claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $300 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Pennsylvania
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Philadelphia, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Enclave, almost every bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Buick at a more expensive rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Buick but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $865 each year so it's important to compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
The Buick Enclave Insurance Premium Equation
It's important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower premium levels.
Don't buy incidental coverages you don't need - There are many extra coverages you can purchase on your Enclave policy. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and motor club memberships are some examples. These coverages may sound good at first, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine - Your driving citation history impacts premiums far more than you think. Even a single ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. Careful drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have gotten dangerous citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to prove financial responsibility with their state's licensing department in order to keep their license.
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can impact Buick Enclave car insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Physical damage deductibles - Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims would be colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
A good credit score can save money - Credit score can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit. If your credit score could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Buick Enclave if you clean up your credit.
Married drivers get cheaper rates - Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums when buying car insurance. It may mean you are more responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Five star safety rating saves money - Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Buick Enclave is rated at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
Do thieves like your car? - Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft features such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Buick Enclave insurance loss statistics - Insurers analyze the history of losses when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that have higher losses will have higher rates.
The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Buick Enclave vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Enclave 4dr 2WD||85||101||83||67||63||81|
|Buick Enclave 4dr 4WD||93||110||92||64||62||84|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Use Seat Belts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Insuring all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Student Driver Training - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class as it can save substantially.
- Memberships - Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- College Student Discount - College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Philadelphia without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Renewal Discounts - Some auto insurance companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current Enclave insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Philadelphia car insurance online.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Enclave insurance premium.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- No Claim Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as opposed to frequent claim filers.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Buick Enclave insurance costs with and without discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, accident-free, passive restraint, and good driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, seat belt use, good student, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may include discounts for accident prevention training, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, drive less, and teen safe driver.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include pay in full, teen driver, bundle discounts, multi-car, and homeowner.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-car, education and occupation, good student, pay-in-full, and good driver.
- USAA has savings for annual mileage, defensive driver, vehicle storage, safe driver, family discount, good student, and multi-vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To see a list of auto insurance companies who offer discounts in Pennsylvania, click here to view.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone's situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- What is glass protection for?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Buying from auto insurance agents
A lot of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local agencies is important especially in Philadelphia.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents that provide free Philadelphia car insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. It's the lowest rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
When searching for a reliable agent, there are two different agency structures and how they work. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, we recommend you include price quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you've never heard of which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Philadelphia that may be able to give you pricing information.
- Martin Insurance
5700 Delancey St - Philadelphia, PA 19143 - (215) 471-6860 - View Map
- Nigro Insurance Agency
35 Letitia St - Philadelphia, PA 19106 - (215) 278-9633 - View Map
- Gallo Insurance Agency
617 S 18th St - Philadelphia, PA 19146 - (215) 545-9500 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only write with one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company's rates so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive agents in Philadelphia who can help you get price quotes.
- John Nicolucci - State Farm Insurance Agent
6001 Ridge Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19128 - (215) 482-7000 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bruce Datil
4201 I St - Philadelphia, PA 19124 - (215) 288-7992 - View Map
- Alden Thomas - State Farm Insurance Agent
7983 Oxford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19111 - (215) 745-3700 - View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. Any good agent in Philadelphia should know the answers to these questions.
- Are they full-time agents?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Pennsylvania?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal and even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new insurance company is easier than you think.
Cheaper Buick Enclave insurance in Philadelphia is definitely available online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide price quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don't skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Additional insurance information is available at these links:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)