How many years has it been since you compared low-cost Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance in Philadelphia? No car owner likes having to buy auto insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high.
Regrettably, a large majority of drivers in Pennsylvania have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in America could pocket approximately $860 a year just by shopping around, but they don't want to spend time to find cheap insurance by shopping around. Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Seven Tips to Get Cheap Philadelphia Insurance Prices
It's important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The following are most of the major factors companies use to determine your rates.
- Know your vehicle's NHTSA crash test rating - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy.
- The higher your credit history the lower your premiums - An insured's credit score can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Toyota Highlander Hybrid by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- High coverage deductibles save money - The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Protection for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims could be rear-ending another vehicle, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
- Fast cars cost more to insure - The type of vehicle you drive makes a big difference in your rates. Low performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Prices and job - Occupations like real estate brokers, social workers, and miners are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to job stress and long work hours. Conversely, careers such as actors, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Your age impacts your rates - Teen drivers in Pennsylvania are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Your location is a factor - Residing in less populated areas is a positive aspect when buying insurance. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. People in densely populated areas tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. More time on the road statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Toyota Highlander Hybrid historical loss data - Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the loss history for Toyota Highlander Hybrid vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Toyota Highlander Hybrid Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr 4WD 111 143BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Pennsylvania. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance in Pennsylvania serves several purposes
Despite the high insurance cost for a Toyota Highlander Hybrid in Philadelphia, insurance serves an important purpose.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Toyota Highlander Hybrid, almost all lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance protects both your Toyota Highlander Hybrid and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Pennsylvania is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheap Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance quotes in Philadelphia
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but there's a good chance there are discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Safety Course Discount - Completing a driver safety class could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Student Driver Training - Teen drivers should successfully take a driver's education course as it can save substantially.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new Highlander Hybrid is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Policyholders that allow their insurance company to track driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- E-sign Discounts - Some companies provide a small discount just for signing your application over the internet.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven't had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
Some companies who may offer some of the above discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts might not apply in your area.
You may need help from an agent
Many drivers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Philadelphia who will give you bids for your coverage. You don't have to find an agent since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, just visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agencies in Philadelphia can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can do a good job, but it's worth learning the difference between them since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are Philadelphia exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quotes.
George Kweder - State Farm Insurance Agent
1521 W Oregon Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19145 - (215) 467-1837 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Philadelphia who can help you get rate quotes.
Upon getting good feedback to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets the criteria to adequately provide auto insurance.
Quote. Compare. Save.
Cheap Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance in Philadelphia is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood Philadelphia agents, so you need to quote Philadelphia car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost.
You just read a lot of information how to lower your Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance auto insurance rates in Philadelphia. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company. Regional companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
More detailed car insurance information is available at these sites:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Philadelphia Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Business Use in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- How Much is Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)