Want a free price quotes on lower-priced car insurance rates in Philadelphia, PA? Philadelphia buyers have a choice when searching for low-cost Volvo S40 insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents getting price quotes or use the internet to compare rates.
There is a better way to shop for car insurance so we're going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages on a Volvo and find the lowest price from Philadelphia insurance agents and online providers.
This article will familiarize you with the best ways to compare prices and some tips to save money. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper insurance using this information. Vehicle owners only have to learn the most effective way to compare prices using one simple form.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Early Switch Discount - Some companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but some companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will let one accident slide before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Drivers who elect to allow companies to monitor where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Buy New and Save - Putting coverage on a new S40 may earn a small discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver's ed class if offered at their school.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between Volvo S40 auto insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for good student, alternative fuel, distant student, electronic funds transfer, and teen driver.
- Esurance discounts include paid-in-full, defensive driver, DriveSense, online quote, and multi-car.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, and membership and employees.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for defensive driver, early signing, 55 and retired, good payer, anti-lock brakes, auto/life discount, and eSmart discount.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Philadelphia auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in your area.
Volvo S40 coverage statistics
The coverage table shown next covers detailed analysis of prices for Volvo S40 models. Knowing how insurance quotes are established can be useful when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S40 T5 AWD R-Design||$196||$390||$444||$26||$134||$1,190||$99|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in your specific Philadelphia location which can alter premiums substantially.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can change Volvo S40 insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault collisions can affect Volvo S40 yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Volvo S40 insurance costs by gender and age in Philadelphia
The illustration below compares Volvo S40 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance quotes from local Philadelphia insurance agents
Some people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Philadelphia.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Philadelphia who can give free rate quotes to get your business. There is no need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
The following are Philadelphia insurers that are able to give price quotes for Volvo S40 insurance in Philadelphia.
- America Insurance Agency Inc
7214 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19135 - (800) 283-0500 - View Map
- Pa Auto Insurance Outlet
4901 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19124 - (215) 827-0800 - View Map
- Paul Hoffman - State Farm Insurance Agent
2655 S 12th St - Philadelphia, PA 19148 - (215) 389-4737 - View Map
- Wanda Dancy - State Farm Insurance Agent
2805 N 47th St, FL-1 - Philadelphia, PA 19131 - (215) 871-3390 - View Map
Choosing the best company shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
After talking to the agent and getting positive responses to all your questions and inexpensive Volvo S40 insurance in Philadelphia quotes, you've probably found an insurance company that can provide insurance coverage.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Many factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or your commute time.
Lower rates come with age - Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Inexperience drivers are proven to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
The following data is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Better rates with anti-theft devices - Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent car theft.
- Your employer can affect rates - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers such as lawyers, police officers, and financial analysts generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs such as actors, students and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts - Most major companies will give discounts to clients who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it's still a good idea to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
Three reasons to insure your Volvo vehicle
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in Philadelphia, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Pennsylvania and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Volvo at a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your Volvo but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your S40 definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to ensure rates are inline.
Don't give up on affordable coverage
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent and extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
More affordable auto insurance in Philadelphia is definitely available both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
More information is available at the links below
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)