Are you looking for a better way to compare cheaper Saab 9-5 insurance in Philadelphia? Locating low-cost insurance for a Saab 9-5 in Pennsylvania can normally be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to find lower rates.
There is a better way to shop for insurance so you're going to learn the best way to compare rates for a Saab and obtain the lowest possible price from Philadelphia insurance agents and online providers.
How much does Saab 9-5 insurance in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania cost?
Many insurance companies make it easy to get pricing directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Saab 9-5 insurance in Philadelphia can be done by anyone as you simply type in your required coverages as detailed in the form. When complete, their system requests credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's very important to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for lower-cost rates.
If you want to compare rates using this form now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you type in the coverage information identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Pennsylvania. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Data for Saab 9-5 insurance
The information shown next outlines different insurance premium costs for Saab 9-5 models. Learning as much as possible about how premiums are formulated can aid in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-5 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$644||$336||$20||$100||$1,442||$120|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in Philadelphia location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates noticeably.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Saab 9-5 insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper auto insurance rates
The diagram below shows how violations and accidents impact Saab 9-5 yearly insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance rates by gender and age
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Saab 9-5 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The information below shows the difference between Saab 9-5 insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Pennsylvania minimum liability coverage. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut formula for phasing out full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Saab 9-5 book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Despite the potentially high cost of Saab 9-5 insurance, buying auto insurance is required in Pennsylvania but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Saab, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Saab at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your Saab and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in Pennsylvania overpays as much as $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
You may qualify for discounts for Saab 9-5 insurance in Philadelphia
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before they will apply. If you aren't receiving every discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Low Miles Discount - Keeping the miles down on your Saab could qualify for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Telematics Devices - People who choose to allow their car insurance company to monitor their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger insurance companies have a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you cheaper 9-5 insurance.
- Driver's Education for Students - Teen drivers should complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Distant Student Discount - Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Philadelphia and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Memberships - Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Saab 9-5 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data assumes a female driver, no violations or accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, multi-policy, daytime running lights, defensive driver, military active duty, and good student.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, safe vehicle, multiple autos, anti-theft, passive restraint, and driver's education.
- Esurance has savings for renters, emergency road assistance, online quote, defensive driver, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford discounts include good student, air bag, driver training, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Philadelphia. If you would like to view companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Philadelphia, click here to view.
Can't I compare prices from local Philadelphia insurance agencies?
Some people just want to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Good agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Philadelphia.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Philadelphia that can provide free Philadelphia auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Two types of Philadelphia car insurance agents
If you would like to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Philadelphia can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it's good to learn the difference between them since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, we recommend you contact a few independent agents to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
The following are Philadelphia independent insurance agencies who can help you get free price quotes.
- Larry Lewis Insurance Agency, LLC
4548 Market St #208 - Philadelphia, PA 19139 - (215) 243-4110 - View Map
- Gallo Insurance Agency
617 S 18th St - Philadelphia, PA 19146 - (215) 545-9500 - View Map
- The Gannon Insurance Agency Inc
2704 Street Rd - Bensalem, PA 19020 - (215) 891-9990 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies work for only one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following are Philadelphia exclusive agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Ahida Garcia - State Farm Insurance Agent
716 Adams Ave Ste 8 - Philadelphia, PA 19124 - (215) 533-5550 - View Map
- Michael DeCarlo - State Farm Insurance Agent
326 S 19th St Ste 2 - Philadelphia, PA 19103 - (215) 772-0100 - View Map
- Alden Thomas - State Farm Insurance Agent
7983 Oxford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19111 - (215) 745-3700 - View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Any agent in Philadelphia should be willing to answer these questions.
- Which family members are covered?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- What companies can they write with?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for things like pain medications, dental work, X-ray expenses and ambulance fees. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from getting keyed, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from flooding. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/5 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as court costs, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, attorney fees and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Pennsylvania state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to cover claims.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Saab 9-5.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5 in Pennsylvania), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like rolling your car, colliding with a tree, crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your 9-5 to get cheaper collision coverage.
One last note
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to lower your Saab 9-5 insurance prices in Philadelphia. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Lower-priced Saab 9-5 insurance in Philadelphia can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Philadelphia auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions or delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
More detailed insurance information is located by following these links:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)