Have you finally had enough of scraping nickels together to make your car insurance payment? You are no different than many other vehicle owners in Pennsylvania.
Sad but true, most car insurance customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Philadelphia drivers could save up to 55% each year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
Numerous car insurance companies battle for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to find the best rates possible on Saturn L300 insurance in Philadelphia.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise every discount available in a way that's easy to find, so we researched some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking time to complete a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Student Discounts - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Telematics Data - People who choose to allow data collection to monitor driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Membership in Organizations - Participating in a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next car insurance statement.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Have your child participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Own a Home and Save - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Paper-free Discount - A few larger online companies provide a small discount simply for signing online.
Don't be shocked that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
Some companies who might offer some of the discounts shown above include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Philadelphia. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area helps you find a lower rate.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Pennsylvania. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How You Can Control Saturn L300 Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
Deductibles are a factor - Comp and collision deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Responsible drivers pay better rates - Drivers who don't get tickets get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Having a single chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers who have received license-revoking violations such as reckless driving or DUI are required to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure - Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates.
You may save more by bundling policies - Most insurers afford better rates to buyers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agents is important especially in Philadelphia.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You never need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you wish to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Below are agents in Philadelphia willing to provide price quote information for Saturn L300 insurance in Philadelphia.
Picking an company requires more thought than just the price. Any good agent in Philadelphia should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Philadelphia?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
After talking to the agent and getting answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, you may have just found an provider that meets the criteria to adequately provide car insurance. Keep in mind it's your coverage and you can terminate your policy whenever you choose to so don't feel you're contractually obligated to any particular company with no way to switch.
Protect your L300 and other assets
Despite the potentially high cost of Saturn L300 insurance, insurance is required in Pennsylvania but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Saturn L300 has a loan, most banks will stipulate that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Saturn at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $855 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
One last thing about your coverage
We've covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Saturn L300 insurance in Philadelphia. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Cost effective Saturn L300 insurance is possible online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- How Much is Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)