Being forced to pay for overpriced auto insurance premiums can diminish your family's budget and force you to make tough financial choices.
Unfortunately, the majority of drivers have been with the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never shopped around. U.S. insurance shoppers could save as much as 46.5% each year just by shopping around, but they just don't want to shop around.
Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your business, so it's not easy to compare every provider and uncover the absolute best rate on Chevy Blazer insurance in Philadelphia.
To find cheaper rates, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from different companies. The quickest method to lower the rate you pay for Chevy Blazer insurance consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
It's so simple to compare insurance rates online makes it a waste of time to drive around to local Philadelphia insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you have a complicated situation and need the peace of mind of a licensed agent. Some companies do allow you to price shop your coverage online but still have the advice of a local agent. When comparison shopping, having more price comparisons helps locate the best price.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Pennsylvania. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Get cheaper rates by applying these six discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you can get discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Military Rewards - Having a family member in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Driver Training Discounts - Participating in a course teaching safe driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Telematics Data - Policyholders that allow driving data collection to scrutinize driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- New Vehicle Savings - Putting insurance coverage on a new Blazer is cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you want affordable Chevrolet Blazer insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Philadelphia. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers offering insurance discounts in Philadelphia, follow this link.
Insuring your Chevy vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in Pennsylvania but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Philadelphia is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Buying insurance from Philadelphia car insurance agents
Some people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Philadelphia who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Any agent in Philadelphia should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Does their agency support local causes in Philadelphia?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
The following is a list of insurers in Philadelphia that are able to give price quotes for Chevy Blazer insurance in Philadelphia.
If you receive positive responses as well as a price you're happy with, it's a good possibility that you have found a company that is reliable enough to provide insurance coverage. Just understand that you can always terminate your policy at any time so don't think you are locked into a specific agent with no way to switch.
Learn about insurance coverages for a Chevy Blazer
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Medical payments coverage and PIP - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills such as ambulance fees, hospital visits, doctor visits, surgery and dental work. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage - This coverage gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle's damage.
Due to the fact that many Pennsylvania drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5 in Pennsylvania), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Auto liability insurance - Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 15/30/5 which means $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability coverage pays for things such as structural damage, repair bills for other people's vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it's cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Pennsylvania state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Comprehensive coverage - This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hail damage, fire damage, hitting a deer and theft. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage - This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It's also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Blazer to save money on collision insurance.