Do you want low-cost insurance rates in Philadelphia, PA? Philadelphia buyers have options when searching for the lowest priced Chevy Trax insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance so we're going to tell you the best way to compare rates for your Chevy and get the lowest price either online or from Philadelphia insurance agents.
Statistics show that a large majority of insurance policyholders kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Philadelphia drivers could save themselves roughly 55% a year, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes.
You should take the time to shop coverage around before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. Just because you found the lowest rates on Chevy Trax insurance in Philadelphia six months ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you're going to learn the fastest and easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to get lower rates without sacrificing coverage. This article's intent is to let you in on the most effective ways to compare rates and some tricks to saving. Comparison shoppers just need to use the tricks to compare company rates instantly.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
Many things are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or your commute time. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Gender and car insurance prices - Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Males and females cause accidents in similar numbers, but men get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male teenagers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
- Reserve insurance claims for larger damages - Car insurance companies in Pennsylvania give lower rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Your career may increase rates - Jobs such as judges, architects, and accountants are shown to have higher average rates due to job stress and long work hours. On the flip side, jobs like farmers, athletes and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Lower premiums for vehicles with better crash test results - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you. If the Chevy Trax has at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
- Always keep your insurance policy in place - Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to bump up your insurance costs. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage could earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Pennsylvania motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Extra policy coverages you don't need - Policies have add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren't diligent. Things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
Chevy Trax statistical loss data - Companies factor in historical loss data to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that have increased losses will cost more for coverage. The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Trax vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Trax Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD 79 Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD 81BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Even though Philadelphia Trax insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance is required by state law in Pennsylvania and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy Trax with a loan, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Chevy. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in Pennsylvania is overpaying more than $830 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Save with these discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there's a good chance there are discounts that you may not know about. Most are applied when you purchase, but some must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Full Payment Discount - By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Safety Course Discount - Participating in a driver safety course may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discount for Good Grades - Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Philadelphia car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new Trax can be considerably cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Onboard Data Collection - People who choose to allow their car insurance company to track driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Low Miles Discount - Fewer annual miles on your Chevy may allow you to get slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Government Employee Discount - Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your car insurance provider.
- Military Discounts - Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Claim Free - Claim-free drivers have much lower rates compared to policyholders that have many claims.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous. Any amount of discount will help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer most of these discounts are:
When quoting, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in every state. To view car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Philadelphia, click this link.
Do I need an agent?
Many people just want to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Philadelphia.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Philadelphia that give free quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
If you prefer to buy insurance from a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can sell and service insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to do anything. When comparing rate quotes, you should always get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. They often place coverage with less well-known companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Philadelphia who may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- Crossing Insurance Group
4252 Richmond St - Philadelphia, PA 19137 - (215) 321-4990 - View Map
- National Insurance Agency
2414 Rhawn St - Philadelphia, PA 19152 - (215) 332-1100 - View Map
- Torri Insurance Agency
214 Fairmount Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19123 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Philadelphia that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Les Moore - State Farm Insurance Agent
6750 N 5th St - Philadelphia, PA 19126 - (215) 224-4400 - View Map
- Jeff Gottesman - State Farm Insurance Agent
9551 Bustleton Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19115 - (215) 725-1000 - View Map
- State Farm: Brian Cover
7005 Bustleton Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19149 - (215) 332-9000 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency requires more thought than just the price. Any good agent in Philadelphia should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is coverage determined by price?
More effort can pay off
Low-cost Chevy Trax insurance in Philadelphia can be found on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, switching car insurance companies can be less work than you think.
As you quote Philadelphia car insurance, it's very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Additional car insurance information can be read at the links below
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)