Want to learn how to save money and find cheaper Honda Insight insurance in Philadelphia? Having to pay for high-priced Honda Insight insurance in Philadelphia can take a big chunk out of your bank account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing price quotes is free and is an excellent way to make sure you're not throwing money away.
It's a known fact that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around for better prices are highly likely to buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey revealed that people who routinely compared rates saved as much as $70 a month compared to those who never shopped around.
If saving the most money on insurance is the reason for your visit, knowing how to get price quotes and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Big-name insurance companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm continually hit you with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Honda Insight insurance discounts in Philadelphia
Auto insurance companies don't always publicize every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Philadelphia car insurance online.
- E-sign Discounts - Many companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on the web.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Smart Student Discounts - Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking part in a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Save over 55 - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get reduced rates.
- Multi-line Discount - Companies who offer life insurance give a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Honda Insight premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums assume a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for safe driver, good student, driver training, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and online signing.
- AAA discounts include good driver, anti-theft, education and occupation, good student, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, early bird, air bags, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, daytime running lights, driver training, military active duty, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, and federal employee.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, driver's education, good driver, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with each company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies everywhere.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to get quotes from different Philadelphia insurance companies. The easiest way to do a complete rate comparison is to jump online and get quotes.
Comparing rates online is fast and free, and it replaces the need to actually drive to and from local Philadelphia insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Honda Insight insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you prefer the trained guidance of a local agency. However, consumers can price shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
Just keep in mind that comparing more prices helps you find more affordable insurance. Some companies don't provide Philadelphia Insight insurance quotes over the internet, so you should also compare rates from them as well.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Statistics and details
The premium table shown next covers estimates of insurance costs for Honda Insight models. Learning more about how insurance rates are figured can help customers make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific Philadelphia garaging location which can lower or raise premiums significantly.
Smart Buyers Know How to Quote Auto Insurance for Less
Many things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but others are less apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are some of the items used by companies to determine prices.
How your age affects costs - More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets. Young drivers are statistically shown to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
You might want pay the inexpensive policy claims yourself - Auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania provide better rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Liability preserves assets - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage in the event that you are responsible for damages from an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Women tend to be lower risk - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Males and females tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Young males are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The chart below shows the comparison of Honda Insight premium costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Never have policy lapses - Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a fast way to bump up your auto insurance costs. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time.
Get hitched and get cheaper premiums - Your spouse may cut your premiums compared to being single. It generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
When to have guidance from an agent
Some people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is especially important in Philadelphia.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Philadelphia who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can get cheaper insurance rates without a big time investment. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Different types of Philadelphia auto insurance agents
When searching for local Philadelphia agents, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Philadelphia can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, you should always get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options.
Listed below are Philadelphia independent insurance agents that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide other company's prices so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Philadelphia who can help you get rate quotes.
Choosing a car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Philadelphia?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Smart consumers save more
Some insurance companies don't offer online quoting and these regional carriers work with independent agencies. Cheap Honda Insight insurance in Philadelphia is available both online as well as from insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When searching for inexpensive Philadelphia car insurance quotes, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost.
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)