Are you drained from being strong-armed to pay high car insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as many other people in Pennsylvania.
It's easy to assume that car insurance companies don't want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates will most likely buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared prices once a year saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in Philadelphia is your ultimate target, then having some knowledge of how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can help simplify the process.
You have so many auto insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, it can be more challenging to find the lowest rates for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Philadelphia.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage before your next renewal because car insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best price on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Philadelphia at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. There are lots of tips to save on e-Golf insurance on the internet, but we're going to give you some of the best techniques to reduce your car insurance bill.
Four Tips to Get Lower-cost Philadelphia Insurance Costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more transparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
- Driving citations mean higher costs - Getting just one ticket may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. People who have serious tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Pleasure use or commuting - The more you drive your Volkswagen annually the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It's a smart idea to ensure your policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven. An improperly rated e-Golf may be costing you.
- Single drivers take more risk - Your spouse actually saves money on car insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
- Do you have a tough job? - Occupations like real estate brokers, social workers, and medical professionals tend to pay higher average rates due to intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, occupations such as scientists, athletes and retirees receive lower rates.
How to buy Philadelphia Volkswagen e-Golf insurance online
The majority of larger companies allow consumers to get pricing on their websites. Comparing prices online for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Philadelphia doesn't take much effort as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire into a form. When complete, the system gets credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information based on the information you submitted. Being able to quote online for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Philadelphia streamlines rate comparisons, and it's necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for a better rate.
To compare pricing, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you enter the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This makes sure you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Pennsylvania. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your e-Golf
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Philadelphia, paying for car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Volkswagen e-Golf, almost all lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your car. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Save with these rate reducing discounts
Companies don't always publicize every discount very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more common as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some car insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Responsible Drivers - Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Online Discount - A few insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the internet.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- ABS Braking Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on e-Golf insurance in Philadelphia.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a new e-Golf is cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Philadelphia, click here to view.
Getting quotes from local Philadelphia insurance agents
Many drivers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important especially in Philadelphia.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Philadelphia who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurer needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Philadelphia?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Find cheaper rates by comparing often
We just covered a lot of information how to lower your Volkswagen e-Golf insurance premium rates in Philadelphia. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Philadelphia auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with a small local company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
A few companies may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Discount Volkswagen e-Golf insurance is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much is Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)