How long has it been since you shopped around for more affordable Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Philadelphia? Being forced to pay for overpriced car insurance premiums can deplete your funds and make it impossible to make ends meet. Doing a rate analysis can help to lower your monthly bill.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most Pennsylvania car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. American insurance shoppers can save about $859 each year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to go online and compare rates. Many car insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and get the best coverage at the cheapest price on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Philadelphia.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower insurance prices. Lots of factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are most of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
Incidental coverages could be costing you – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Costs for guys may be higher – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. They both get in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Ram 3500 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Pay less with a high NHTSA crash test rating – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you. If your Dodge Ram 3500 scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Where you reside – Living in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when buying insurance. People in densely populated areas have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Never let your policy lapse – Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Dodge Ram 3500 insurance rates and statistics
The coverage table below covers detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Dodge Ram 3500 models. Having a good grasp of how rates are figured is important to be able to make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$260||$426||$444||$26||$134||$1,290||$108|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$318||$502||$444||$26||$134||$1,424||$119|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$318||$576||$666||$40||$200||$1,800||$150|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$318||$576||$444||$26||$134||$1,498||$125|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$318||$576||$444||$26||$134||$1,498||$125|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$318||$652||$666||$40||$200||$1,876||$156|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$318||$652||$666||$40||$200||$1,876||$156|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$318||$652||$666||$40||$200||$1,876||$156|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$318||$576||$444||$26||$134||$1,498||$125|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$318||$576||$444||$26||$134||$1,498||$125|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$318||$652||$666||$40||$200||$1,876||$156|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location information which can change prices noticeably.
Insuring your Ram 3500 just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Ram 3500 in Philadelphia, maintaining insurance is required in Pennsylvania but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Dodge with a loan, almost all lenders will require you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $800 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Do you qualify for discounts on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Philadelphia?
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked for before being credited. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Ram 3500 insurance in Philadelphia.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Student in College – Children living away from Philadelphia attending college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram 3500 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for renewal discount, 55 and retired, driver training, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for preferred payment discount, newly married, new move discount, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, and multi-policy.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, good student, accident-free, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, air bags, company car, paperless, and paid in full.
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, emergency military deployment, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, drive less, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and safe driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Philadelphia.
Should I get advice from an insurance agency?
Some people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Philadelphia.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Philadelphia who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you want a local Philadelphia insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents to choose from. Agencies in Philadelphia are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both provide insurance policies, but it’s important to know why they differ because it can factor into the selection process.
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Philadelphia that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Philadelphia willing to provide price quotes.
George Kweder – State Farm Insurance Agent
1521 W Oregon Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19145 – (215) 467-1837 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How are claims handled?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Philadelphia. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When getting Philadelphia auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Philadelphia can be sourced online in addition to many Philadelphia insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and these smaller companies only sell through local independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)