No car owner looks forward to buying car insurance, especially when they know their premiums are too high.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who perform rate comparisons will probably switch companies because they have good chances of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved about $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving money on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance is your objective, then knowing how to get price quotes and compare cheaper coverage can save time, money, and frustration.
Since people have many different company options, it can be impossible to find a lower cost insurance company.
Finding quotes for the cheapest car insurance coverage in Philadelphia is quite easy. Just about everyone who buys car insurance will probably be able to find lower rates. But Pennsylvania consumers must learn the way companies price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
When quoting insurance, remember that making a lot of price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Pennsylvania. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a driver safety course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles could qualify for better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Paperwork-free – Certain larger companies will give a small break for signing up digitally online.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, driver’s education, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for teen driver, homeowner, good student, business and professional, early shopping, alternative fuel, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include air bags, mature driver, teen driver, multiple vehicles, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for bundle, defensive driver, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and retired, safe driver, driver training, good student, and renewal discount.
- USAA offers premium reductions for annual mileage, multi-policy, vehicle storage, new vehicle, and driver training.
When comparing rates, check with each company to give you their best rates. Discounts might not be offered in your state. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer cheap Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance quotes in Philadelphia, click this link.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
Certain consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local. And supporting local agents is important especially in Philadelphia.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to find an agent as quotes are delivered directly to you. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
The following is a list of insurers in Philadelphia that can give you price quote information for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Philadelphia.
Picking the best company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How long has their agency been open in Philadelphia?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
After talking to the agent and getting good answers to any questions you have as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have found an provider that is a good match to insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you have the power to cancel your policy for any reason so never feel that you’re stuck with your new company for the full policy term.
Informed Drivers Can Cut Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that help determine your premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower rates. Many factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your commute time.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
Lower stress equals lower prices – Jobs like real estate brokers, airline pilots, and financial analysts generally have higher rates than average attributed to intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, occupations like professors, engineers and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Never let your insurance lapse – Going without insurance will be a guaranteed way to bump up your insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Pennsylvania department of motor vehicles.
Insurance rates and vehicle performance – The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest performance passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent your car from being stolen.
How your age affects premiums – More experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Beginning drivers are proven to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though Philadelphia Golf SportWagen insurance rates can get expensive, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Golf SportWagen has a lienholder, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Volkswagen and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Golf SportWagen outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Pennsylvania is wasting up to $820 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Some insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper car insurance in Philadelphia can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
As you quote Philadelphia car insurance, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)