Would you like to save money by finding more affordable auto insurance rates in Philadelphia, PA? Philadelphia buyers have many options when searching for the lowest priced Hyundai Equus insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to shop for auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages on a Hyundai and obtain the best price possible from Philadelphia insurance agents and online providers.
If you have a policy now or want to find a cheaper company, use these techniques to find the best rates and still get good coverage. The goal of this article is to familiarize you with the most effective ways to compare rates and how to save the most money. Shoppers just need to learn the quickest method to compare rates online.
The majority of larger companies provide prices for coverage on their websites. Getting online quotes for Hyundai Equus insurance in Philadelphia is very simple as you simply enter your coverage information as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, the quote system collects your driving and credit reports and generates a price determined by many factors.
The ability to get online rates for Hyundai Equus insurance in Philadelphia makes it simple to compare prices and it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the lowest payment possible.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This helps ensure you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison for similar coverage.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Pennsylvania. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Equus insurance in Philadelphia.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Life Insurance Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a lower price if you buy some life insurance too.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies reward drivers for signing up before your current Equus insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Sign Online – Many insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when getting a Philadelphia auto insurance quote.
Don’t be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will help lower the premium cost.
Some of the larger companies who may offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Local neighborhood Philadelphia car insurance agents
Many people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower premium rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
Shown below is a list of insurers in Philadelphia that are able to give price quotes for Hyundai Equus insurance in Philadelphia.
- Steven Breinlinger – State Farm Insurance Agent
7904 Germantown Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19118 – (267) 323-2923 – View Map
- Pa Auto Insurance Outlet
4901 Frankford Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19124 – (215) 827-0800 – View Map
- The Miles Insurance Agency Inc
7100 Cresheim Rd – Philadelphia, PA 19119 – (215) 753-7770 – View Map
- HandM Insurance Agency
5829 Rising Sun Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19120 – (215) 745-8001 – View Map
Lower Your Philadelphia Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in better insurance rates. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but some are more obscure such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Deter theft and pay less – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Do you really need the add-on coverages? – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Coverages for rental car coverage, towing coverage, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if you don’t need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Liability protection is important – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Five star crash test rating saves money – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Hyundai Equus has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
- Drive a fast car and pay more – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you drive makes a substantial difference in your rates. The most favorable rates will normally be found when insuring the lowest performance passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Insurance losses for a Hyundai Equus – Companies factor in historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that have increased losses will cost more for coverage.
The data below shows the historical loss data for Hyundai Equus vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Hyundai Equus Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Equus 4dr 155 83 225 85BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Philadelphia, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Equus, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Hyundai at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Hyundai and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $825 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Persistence will pay off
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers and poor customer service. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to compare Hyundai Equus insurance prices in Philadelphia. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest prices come from a smaller regional carrier.
Affordable Hyundai Equus insurance in Philadelphia is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)