Would you like to find more competitive Buick Rendezvous insurance in Philadelphia? Trying to find better insurance prices for a Buick Rendezvous in Pennsylvania can be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates and you need to know the proper way to get price quotes for your Buick and get the best price possible from both online companies and Philadelphia agents.
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company’s rates quite often because rates change regularly. If you had the lowest premium rates on Buick Rendezvous insurance in Philadelphia six months ago a different company probably has better prices today. You can find a lot of information about Rendezvous insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn some great ideas on how to stop overpaying for insurance in Philadelphia.
Cheapest Buick insurance rates in Philadelphia
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
These discounts can reduce Buick Rendezvous insurance rates
Some companies don’t always list all their discounts very clearly, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Philadelphia car insurance online.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow their company to monitor driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO and Allstate may permit one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Larger car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, air bags, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, good driver, driver’s education, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for location of vehicle, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, good student, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century discounts include early bird, defensive driver, theft prevention, student driver, air bags, and teen driver.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, auto/life discount, anti-theft, defensive driver, economy car, premier discount, and passive restraint.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Philadelphia. To see a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Philadelphia, follow this link.
How to know if you need help
When selecting your policy, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Many drivers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Philadelphia.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is immediately sent to companies in Philadelphia that give free quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
If you want to use local Philadelphia agents, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they operate. Auto insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can write auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they differ because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, you need to include price quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Philadelphia who may provide pricing information.
- America Insurance Agency Inc
7214 Frankford Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19135 – (800) 283-0500 – View Map
- The Miles Insurance Agency Inc
7100 Cresheim Rd – Philadelphia, PA 19119 – (215) 753-7770 – View Map
- Eckroth Insurance Group LLC
521 N 22nd St – Philadelphia, PA 19130 – (215) 232-0200 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following are Philadelphia exclusive agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Craig Alleyne – State Farm Insurance Agent
6335 Wayne Avenue – Philadelphia, PA 19144 – (215) 438-8440 – View Map
- Pamela R Wilkins – State Farm Insurance Agent
8912 Frankford Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19136 – (215) 331-4500 – View Map
- Paul Hoffman – State Farm Insurance Agent
2655 S 12th St – Philadelphia, PA 19148 – (215) 389-4737 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Philadelphia should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Philadelphia?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
Be persistent and save
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
You just learned some good ideas how you can get a better price on Buick Rendezvous insurance in Philadelphia. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)