Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for the cheapest Lincoln MKC insurance in Philadelphia? Sick and tired of sacrificing other expenses each month for auto insurance? Your situation is no different than many other Pennsylvania consumers.
It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who shop for lower prices are very likely to buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared rates annually saved about $865 a year compared to policyholders who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for Lincoln MKC insurance in Philadelphia is why you’re here, then understanding how to get rate quotes and compare insurance can make shopping around easier. Due to the increasing number of choices of insurance companies that have lower-cost insurance for a Lincoln MKC in Philadelphia, it can be difficult for drivers to locate a lower cost insurer.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Philadelphia can be made easier if you know where to look. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to save money using these tips. Shoppers just have to understand the proper methods to buy insurance over the internet.
Philadelphia Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
- Improve your credit history and save – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. If your credit could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Lincoln MKC by improving your credit score. Drivers with good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Always have auto insurance – Driving with no insurance is a misdemeanor and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance coverage expire. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage might get you fines or a revoked license. You may need to file a SR-22 with the Pennsylvania motor vehicle department.
- How’s your driving record? – How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Only having one ticket could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten flagrant violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Liability protection is important – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Alarm systems save money – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Theft prevention features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Lower rates for married couples – Having a significant other can actually save you money when buying auto insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Lincoln MKC claim statistics – Insurers factor in insurance loss information to help calculate premium prices. Models that historically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher premium rates. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Lincoln MKC vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Lincoln MKC Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKC 4dr 2WD 97 76 69 Lincoln MKC 4dr 4WD 99 68 72 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The best way to compare car insurance rates for Lincoln MKC insurance in Philadelphia is to understand almost all companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information like if you have an active license, driver ages, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, and how many miles driven. Those rating factors is sent automatically to many different companies and they provide comparison quotes almost instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Lincoln MKC
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lincoln MKC in Philadelphia, insurance is mandatory in Pennsylvania but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lincoln MKC, most banks will require you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your Lincoln gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on MKC insurance in Philadelphia.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Student in College – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Philadelphia and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may receive a slight reduction on a Philadelphia car insurance quote.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, and seat belt use.
- Travelers has discounts for student away at school, save driver, home ownership, good student, payment discounts, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, renewal discount, safe driver, youthful driver, and 55 and retired.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new move discount, exclusive group savings, newly married, new vehicle discount, multi-car, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family offers discounts for air bags, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, early bird, multi-vehicle, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply in every state. For a list of insurers with discount rates in Pennsylvania, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local Philadelphia auto insurance agents?
Many drivers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Philadelphia who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- If they are an independent agency in Philadelphia, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
Listed below are Philadelphia insurance companies that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Lincoln MKC insurance in Philadelphia.
George Kweder – State Farm Insurance Agent
1521 W Oregon Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19145 – (215) 467-1837 – View Map
If you get positive feedback to your questions as well as cheap MKC insurance quotes, it’s possible that you found an provider that can properly service your car insurance policy.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
We just showed you many ways to find affordable Lincoln MKC insurance in Philadelphia. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. These companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Some car insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents. Cheap Lincoln MKC insurance in Philadelphia can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When getting Philadelphia car insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)