How many times have you said it’s time to compare more competitive Acura RDX insurance in Philadelphia? Nobody looks forward to paying for insurance, especially when they know the cost is way too high.
A recent insurance study revealed that a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how much they could save if they bought a different policy. You have multiple car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to find the best rates for Acura RDX insurance in Philadelphia.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around before your next renewal because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the lowest rates on Acura RDX insurance in Philadelphia a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. There are lots of tips to save on RDX insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn a lot of great tips on how to buy insurance cheaper in Philadelphia.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost, car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Acura as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $850 per year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
The price information displayed below outlines estimates of policy rates for Acura RDX models. Having a good grasp of how insurance premiums are calculated can be of help when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$320||$602||$280||$16||$84||$1,302||$109|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$320||$602||$280||$16||$84||$1,302||$109|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect insurance rates substantially.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Acura RDX insurance costs for different age categories. Data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Acura RDX insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Pennsylvania minimum liability coverage. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no clear-cut rule of when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Acura RDX replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Affordable Philadelphia insurance quotes with discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with one company you could save up to 20% and get you the cheapest Acura RDX insurance in Philadelphia.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less can qualify you for lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Philadelphia auto insurance with certain companies.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings as much as 30%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on insurance.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give lower prices if you buy some life insurance too.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on RDX insurance in Philadelphia.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Acura RDX insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The data assumes a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- American Family has discounts for TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, air bags, good student, defensive driver, and mySafetyValet.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, passive restraint, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, driver’s education, and good driver.
- 21st Century may include discounts for teen driver, student driver, defensive driver, driver training, 55 and older, and good student.
- Travelers may offer discounts for continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, early quote, good student, payment discounts, and IntelliDrive.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, anti-theft, federal employee, driver training, five-year accident-free, and seat belt use.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be offered everywhere. To see insurance companies who offer discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Neighborhood Philadelphia auto insurance agents
Many people would rather have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision Agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Philadelphia that can give you free Philadelphia auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Below is a list of auto insurance companies in Philadelphia who can help you get price quote information for Acura RDX insurance in Philadelphia.
Rexach Insurance Agency
2932 N 5th St – Philadelphia, PA 19133 – (215) 229-6320 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Ferullo Insurance Agencies LLC
1636 S Front St – Philadelphia, PA 19148 – (215) 468-4116 – View Map
In the end, you can save money
You just read many ideas to get a better price on Acura RDX insurance in Philadelphia. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Philadelphia auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on insurance is with the least-expected company. They may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Discount Acura RDX insurance in Philadelphia can be bought on the web in addition to many Philadelphia insurance agents, so get free Philadelphia auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Philadelphia Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Traverse in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)