Wish you could get a refund on an overpriced auto insurance policy? Say no more because there are many Philadelphia consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in Philadelphia can save $700 each year, but they underestimate the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
With drivers having so many companies and agents to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to choose the right auto insurance provider.
Finding affordable coverage in Philadelphia can be easy if you know a few tricks. In essence, every driver who comparison shops for car insurance will most likely find a cheaper policy. Although Pennsylvania car owners must comprehend the way companies determine what you pay because rates are impacted by many factors.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information such as if you lease or own, how much school you completed, how old drivers are, and what your job is. The rating information is sent automatically to insurance companies and they return quotes immediately.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Jeep Liberty now, click here and enter the information requested.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Pennsylvania. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
The coverage table shown next highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Jeep Liberty models. Being aware of how car insurance prices are calculated is important for you to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Liberty Sport 2WD||$170||$292||$310||$18||$92||$882||$74|
|Liberty Limited 2WD||$196||$292||$310||$18||$92||$908||$76|
|Liberty Renegade 4WD||$196||$292||$310||$18||$92||$908||$76|
|Liberty Sport 4WD||$196||$292||$310||$18||$92||$908||$76|
|Liberty Limited 4WD||$196||$356||$310||$18||$92||$972||$81|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease coverage prices significantly.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Jeep Liberty insurance rates for each age group. The data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Car insurance rates based on gender
The example below compares Jeep Liberty yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The diagram below shows the difference between Jeep Liberty yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no exact rule for eliminating physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Jeep Liberty replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Affordable Jeep Liberty insurance in Philadelphia
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there are discounts available that you may not even know about. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Good Students Pay Less - Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Government Employee Discount - Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Philadelphia auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving less may enable drivers to earn substantially lower rates.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on Liberty insurance in Philadelphia.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Liberty insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Sign Online - A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. But any discount should help lower the premium cost.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Liberty car insurance costs with and without discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including distant student, switch companies, multi-car, pay in full, business and professional, and mature driver.
- Esurance may include discounts for defensive driver, claim free, safety device, multi-car, Pac-12 alumni, and renters.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, good student, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, driver's education, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, driver training, seat belt use, good student, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate may have discounts that include senior citizen, anti-lock brakes, premier plus, good student, utility vehicle, and teenSMART discount.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Philadelphia. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer cheap Jeep Liberty insurance quotes in Pennsylvania, click here.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jeep Liberty in Philadelphia, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Liberty, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Jeep for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Jeep Liberty but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to save money.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Philadelphia?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
What if I want to buy from local Philadelphia auto insurance agents?
Many drivers would rather have an agent's advice and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is submitted to companies in Philadelphia who want to provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. A good agent in Philadelphia will have answers to these questions.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Philadelphia insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Philadelphia that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get insurance quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Philadelphia who can help you get comparison quotes.