Want to know how to find lower-priced Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Philadelphia? Trying to find cheap Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Philadelphia is hard for beginners to online comparison shopping. Consumers have so many options that it can quickly become a challenge to find cheaper prices in Pennsylvania.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will presumably switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rates annually saved $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price on insurance is your ultimate objective, then learning a little about how to shop for insurance can save time and make the process easier.
Just keep in mind that quoting more will enable you to find lower pricing.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your 124 Spider
Despite the high insurance cost for a Fiat 124 Spider in Philadelphia, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Fiat at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Fiat as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Pennsylvania is wasting up to $830 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Affordable Philadelphia auto insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Philadelphia car insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers are able to get a slight reduction on a Philadelphia car insurance quote.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who are attending college and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Organization Discounts – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Philadelphia could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts including good student, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, anti-theft, air bags, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century has savings for homeowners, early bird, defensive driver, driver training, theft prevention, and 55 and older.
- American Family includes discounts for air bags, accident-free, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, and early bird.
- The Hartford has discounts for defensive driver, good student, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, air bag, and driver training.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-car, good driver, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
When do I need to have guidance from a local insurance agent?
A small number of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Philadelphia who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- How are claims handled?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
Two types of Philadelphia auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they function. Auto insurance agents in Philadelphia can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are highly trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only use the same agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Philadelphia that are able to give price quote information.
- State Farm – Philadelphia – Thanh Pham
254 S 10th St – Philadelphia, PA 19107 – (215) 238-7400 – View Map
- Dennis Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
6200 Frankford Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19135 – (215) 289-5179 – View Map
- Trish Floyd – State Farm Insurance Agent
7706 Castor Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19152 – (215) 725-3000 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. When comparing auto insurance rates, you need to include at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Philadelphia willing to provide comparison quotes.
- The Miles Insurance Agency Inc
7100 Cresheim Rd – Philadelphia, PA 19119 – (215) 753-7770 – View Map
- Rexach Insurance Agency
2932 N 5th St – Philadelphia, PA 19133 – (215) 229-6320 – View Map
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
231 St Asaphs Rd #100 – Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 – (610) 617-7900 – View Map
Once you have received good answers as well as an affordable premium quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that can properly service your auto insurance policy. Just be aware that it’s your policy and you can cancel a policy at any point so never feel you’re contractually obligated to any specific agency for a certain time period.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Pennsylvania?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Fiat 124 Spider?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Educate yourself about car insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as funeral expenses, pain and suffering and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Pennsylvania state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your 124 Spider from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible on your 124 Spider to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like pain medications, doctor visits, dental work, funeral costs and nursing services. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Fiat 124 Spider.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5 in Pennsylvania), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed and hitting a bird. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
We just showed you many ideas to shop for Fiat 124 Spider insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims or even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
A few companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies. Low-cost Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Philadelphia is possible from both online companies in addition to many Philadelphia insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional information is located at these links:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Philadelphia Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)