If you’re trying to find lower-cost insurance online, are you intimidated by the crazy number of auto insurance sources available to you? Vehicle owners have so many sources available that it can easily turn into a real challenge to find the perfect company for you. If you live there, you know that Philadelphia has many things to offer, but trying to pay high auto insurance rates can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to afford proper coverage amounts.
It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who do rate comparisons are likely to buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey discovered that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved approximately $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is your ultimate goal, then learning a little about how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can make the process less intimidating.
The easiest way to get policy rate comparisons for Chevy Impala insurance in Philadelphia is to take advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies provide online access to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide information like if a SR-22 is needed, the make and model of your vehicles, if it has an anti-theft system, and how much school you completed. That information is instantly sent to many different companies and you will receive price estimates with very little delay.
To compare multiple company cheaper Chevy Impala insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Philadelphia, PA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Cheaper Philadelphia car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- College Student – College-age children living away from Philadelphia attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Early Switch Discount – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Impala insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate allow you one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Philadelphia auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on the same car insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Impala insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Travelers may include discounts for save driver, multi-car, student away at school, payment discounts, IntelliDrive, multi-policy, and continuous insurance.
- 21st Century includes discounts for defensive driver, 55 and older, early bird, teen driver, theft prevention, and air bags.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, driver’s education, defensive driving training, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, defensive driver, anti-theft, and air bags.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-theft, teen safety rewards, drive less, anti-lock brakes, and multi-car.
- AAA discounts include good driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your state.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The rate table below highlights estimates of insurance costs for Chevy Impala models. Understanding more about how auto insurance policy rates are established is important for making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in Philadelphia location which can modify coverage prices considerably.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Impala car insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no set guideline to exclude full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Impala replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Insurance is available from local agents
Many people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Philadelphia.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Philadelphia auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you’re trying to find a local agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance policy providers can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get several quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are independent agents in Philadelphia that can give you competitive price quotes.
- Gallo Insurance Agency
617 S 18th St – Philadelphia, PA 19146 – (215) 545-9500 – View Map
- Terra Insurance Services
1879 Cottman Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19111 – (215) 742-3743 – View Map
- The Perzel Agency, Inc.
7338 Frankford Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19136 – (215) 335-6878 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents partially due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Philadelphia that can give you price quote information.
- Jack Stabler – State Farm Insurance Agent
6726 Torresdale Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19135 – (215) 331-4300 – View Map
- Joe Ems – State Farm Insurance Agent
7348 Frankford Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19136 – (215) 333-5100 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bruce Datil
4201 I St – Philadelphia, PA 19124 – (215) 288-7992 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. A good agent in Philadelphia will have answers to these questions.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Where are claims handled?
Auto insurance can be complex
When selecting your policy for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your auto insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
Liability insurance limits are a factor – Liability insurance will protect you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Traffic violations can be expensive – Good drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who get multiple tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims increase Chevy Impala auto insurance costs for each different age group. The data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
High credit equals lower costs – Credit history is likely to be a major factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit scores. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet Impala if you clean up your credit.
Cheaper rates with high coverage deductibles – The deductibles you choose define how much you are required to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Rates and vocation – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations like judges, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel are shown to have higher rates than average attributed to high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, historians and homemakers pay the least.
Less chance of injury means lower car insurance rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Chevy Impala is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
Gals tend to cost less – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Women and men get in auto accidents at about the same rate, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
The illustration below compares Chevy Impala car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevy Impala historical loss data – Auto insurance companies factor in insurance loss information as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates. The next table shows the insurance loss data for Chevy Impala vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Impala Limited||100||115||79||142||148||153|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Impala in Philadelphia, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Impala, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your Chevy and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Pennsylvania overpays as much as $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Compare insurance prices regularly to save
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to reduce Chevy Impala insurance premium rates online in Philadelphia. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Philadelphia auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with the smaller companies. They often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Cheaper Chevy Impala insurance in Philadelphia can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Philadelphia Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)