Want to save money and find lower-priced insurance rates in Philadelphia, PA? Philadelphia shoppers have many options when shopping for low-cost Mazda MPV insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to compare insurance rates and we'll show you the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Mazda and obtain the cheapest rates from Philadelphia insurance agents and online providers.
It's important to do price comparisons before your next renewal because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best rates on Mazda MPV insurance in Philadelphia six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you're about to find out the best way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Cheapest companies for Mazda MPV insurance in Pennsylvania
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Mazda MPV insurance in Philadelphia
Car insurance can be pricey, but there are discounts available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on MPV insurance in Philadelphia.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking part in a course teaching driver safety skills could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Good Grades Discount - Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new MPV is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
It's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck.
To choose insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Philadelphia, click here to view.
How Insurance Providers Determine Mazda MPV Insurance Prices
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that help determine your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Save by driving less - The higher the mileage driven in a year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. It's a good idea to make sure your car insurance coverage shows the correct usage for each vehicle. Incorrect rating for your MPV may be wasting your money.
- Save money by having good credit - Having a good credit score is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you may save money insuring your Mazda MPV by improving your rating. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have bad credit.
- Reserve policy claims for larger damages - Companies in Pennsylvania give lower rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Gender impacts rates - Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn't mean females are better drivers. Males and females get in fender benders in similar percentages, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Your career may increase rates - Jobs such as judges, airline pilots, and stock brokers usually pay higher premium rates due to intense work-related stress and long work days. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, engineers and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Married people drive safer - Having a significant other may cut your premiums on your policy. Having a spouse may mean you are more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare rates but still have a local neighborhood Philadelphia car insurance agent
Some consumers just want to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Philadelphia.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
If you need to find a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can provide auto insurance policies, but it's important to point out the differences since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, you should always get some free quotes from several independent agencies to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Philadelphia that can give you pricing information.
- Gallo Insurance Agency
617 S 18th St - Philadelphia, PA 19146 - (215) 545-9500 - View Map
- America Insurance Agency Inc
7214 Frankford Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19135 - (800) 283-0500 - View Map
- Crossing Insurance Group
4252 Richmond St - Philadelphia, PA 19137 - (215) 321-4990 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. They are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Philadelphia that are able to give price quote information.
- Kevin Lowber - State Farm Insurance Agent
1347 E Hunting Park Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19124 - (215) 533-9010 - View Map
- Jeff Gottesman - State Farm Insurance Agent
9551 Bustleton Ave - Philadelphia, PA 19115 - (215) 725-1000 - View Map
- Les Moore - State Farm Insurance Agent
6750 N 5th St - Philadelphia, PA 19126 - (215) 224-4400 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Philadelphia?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
After you get reasonable responses and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can properly service your auto insurance policy.
One last thing about your coverage
In this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for Mazda MPV insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Philadelphia car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
When you buy Philadelphia car insurance online, it's very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)