Being forced to pay for expensive car insurance premiums can sap your savings account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Performing a rate comparison is free and is an excellent way to lower your bills every month.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy will presumably switch companies because there is a good probability of finding a policy with better rates. A recent study showed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is the reason you’re here, then learning a little about the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to find better rates. Online insurance companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate constantly blast consumers with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and take the time to shop coverage around.
Most of the larger companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get prices for coverage online. Doing online quotes for Toyota Tacoma insurance in Philadelphia is fairly straightforward as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want into the form. After you submit the form their rating system gets your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information based on these factors. Getting online rate quotes for Toyota Tacoma insurance in Philadelphia makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find affordable prices.
To save time and find out what other companies charge, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the coverages as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will receive a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Pennsylvania. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Why you need insurance for your Toyota Tacoma
Even though Philadelphia Tacoma insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Toyota at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Car insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $825 a year so compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Toyota Tacoma insurance rates and statistics
The price information shown below highlights detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Toyota Tacoma models. Understanding how insurance policy rates are formulated can aid in making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$322||$512||$432||$26||$130||$1,422||$119|
|Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$322||$602||$432||$26||$130||$1,512||$126|
|Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$364||$512||$432||$26||$130||$1,464||$122|
|Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road Package 4WD||$364||$512||$432||$26||$130||$1,464||$122|
|Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Package 4WD||$364||$512||$432||$26||$130||$1,464||$122|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can affect prices considerably.
Full coverage or liability only
The information below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Tacoma insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The prices are based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule for eliminating physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Toyota Tacoma replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $800 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Insurance can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a class that teaches safe driver techniques is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Claim-Free Discount – Philadelphia drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have lower insurance rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your policy premium.
The example below compares Toyota Tacoma annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, driver’s education, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and good student.
- MetLife may offer discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, accident-free, good student, claim-free, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for 55 and retired, youthful driver, good student, driver training, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and air bags.
- SAFECO includes discounts for safe driver, accident prevention training, multi-car, anti-theft, homeowner, and bundle discounts.
If you need the cheapest Toyota Tacoma rate quotes, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in Philadelphia. To see a list of providers who offer discounts in Philadelphia, click here to view.
Insurance agencies near you
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agencies is still important in Philadelphia.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always compare quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Philadelphia who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Philadelphia that can give you rate quotes.
George Kweder – State Farm Insurance Agent
1521 W Oregon Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19145 – (215) 467-1837 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Philadelphia?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
Once you have positive feedback in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found an insurance agent that is professional and can provide auto insurance coverage.
Do the work, save more money
We just showed you many tips how you can compare Toyota Tacoma insurance car insurance rates in Philadelphia. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies. These companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Discount Toyota Tacoma insurance in Philadelphia can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in Philadelphia, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies.
When you buy Philadelphia car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional insurance information is available at the links below
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)