How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for cheaper Volvo S60 insurance in Philadelphia? Feel like you’re a prisoner to an under-performing, overpriced insurance policy? It’s a common feeling and you’re not the only one.
Inconceivable but true, nearly 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. The average driver in Philadelphia could save themselves almost $700 a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to go online and compare rates. Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly bombard you with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers should take time to compare prices occasionally since rates change quite often. If you had the best premium rates on Volvo S60 insurance in Philadelphia a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of wrong information about S60 insurance on the internet, but you can learn a bunch of ideas how to lower your insurance bill.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, use these money-saving tips to shop for the lowest rates without reducing protection. Choosing the best rates in Philadelphia is really quite easy. Smart buyers just need to learn the fastest way to compare rates from many different companies.
Finding a lower price on Volvo S60 insurance is actually quite simple. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes to get quotes to discover which company has the cheapest Volvo S60 rate quotes.
It’s so easy to compare rate quotes online that it takes the place of having to spend time driving to different Philadelphia agent offices. Quoting Volvo S60 insurance online eliminates the middleman unless your situation requires the professional assistance only provided by licensed Philadelphia agents. Some companies do allow you to price shop online and still use a local agent.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every policy discount very well, so we break down both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Philadelphia auto insurance online.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will provide an incentive get Philadelphia auto insurance on your computer.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Philadelphia Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Philadelphia can get you a discount because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper S60 insurance.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a Philadelphia auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Car insurance companies that have these benefits include:
Before buying, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Pennsylvania
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volvo S60 in Philadelphia, buying car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Volvo at a much higher rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Volvo as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Local Philadelphia auto insurance agents
A small number of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents that provide free Philadelphia auto insurance quotes for your business. You never need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on a provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How often do they review coverages?
Philadelphia auto insurance agents come in two flavors
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out the subtle differences because it can factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are highly trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Philadelphia willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Listed below are Philadelphia independent agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
If you feel you receive positive feedback to any questions you have and a good coverage price, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to provide insurance coverage. Just be aware that it’s your coverage and you can terminate your policy whenever you want so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with any particular company for the full term.