Finding cheaper insurance for your Kia Spectra in Pennsylvania can be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our insurance buying tips to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to quote coverages for your Kia and find the lowest possible price.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in Philadelphia can save up to $690 each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t want to shop their coverage around.
It’s a great practice to quote other rates quite often due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. Even if you think you had the best quotes on Kia Spectra insurance in Philadelphia six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the easiest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Cheapest companies for Kia Spectra insurance
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Pennsylvania. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
The Kia Spectra Insurance Rate Equation
Many things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
Alarm systems save money – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
Premiums are affected by your credit history – Having a bad credit rating can be an important factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you may save money insuring your Kia Spectra if you clean up your credit. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings.
Allowing your policy to lapse raises prices – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Insure car and home with the same company – Some insurance companies apply better rates to clients that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Extra policy coverages are wasting money – There are many additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
Liability coverage is peace of mind – The liability section of your policy kicks in when you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides for a legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Philadelphia insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Philadelphia car insurance online.
- New Car Discount – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can get you a discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a safe driver class could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Companies that may offer quotes with most of the discounts above are:
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Philadelphia. If you would like to view insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Pennsylvania, click here to view.
When to have guidance from an agent
A lot of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in Philadelphia who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Philadelphia?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- If they are an independent agency in Philadelphia, which companies do they recommend?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Philadelphia for you
If you want to use a local Philadelphia insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Philadelphia agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people buy from exclusive agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Philadelphia who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Dennis Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
6200 Frankford Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19135 – (215) 289-5179 – View Map
- Joe Ems – State Farm Insurance Agent
7348 Frankford Ave – Philadelphia, PA 19136 – (215) 333-5100 – View Map
- State Farm – Philadelphia – Thanh Pham
254 S 10th St – Philadelphia, PA 19107 – (215) 238-7400 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Philadelphia that can give you price quote information.
- Larry Lewis Insurance Agency, LLC
4548 Market St #208 – Philadelphia, PA 19139 – (215) 243-4110 – View Map
- The Miles Insurance Agency Inc
7100 Cresheim Rd – Philadelphia, PA 19119 – (215) 753-7770 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ferullo Insurance Agencies LLC
1636 S Front St – Philadelphia, PA 19148 – (215) 468-4116 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to compare Kia Spectra insurance premium rates in Philadelphia. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Philadelphia? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)